Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help: Credit card fraud for card used in application

Help: Credit card fraud for card used in application

Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

parsj3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help: Credit card fraud for card used in application

Hey people,

need some help/advice.

I applied under fsw (heavy duty mech) in novemeber, for payment i used my credit card details.

This week someone has stole my credit card details and been using my card!! So my bak has had to close my account and create a new one.
All my details for payment are for the account that has been closed, what can i do???

Please help anyone!
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:44 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help: Credit card fraud for card used in application

Write a letter explaining the circumstances, referenced with your application file number if you have one, and give them the new card details.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

I dont have case number, should i wait till i get a number or mail a letter explaining with just my name and address etc.

surely they must keep them in some sort of order?
or will i get a case number before they process payment?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:46 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parsj3
I dont have case number, should i wait till i get a number or mail a letter explaining with just my name and address etc.

surely they must keep them in some sort of order?
or will i get a case number before they process payment?
I'm sure one of the experts will confirm or deny this but I would think that it is too early for them to have taken payment yet.

So when they do try it will be refused and they will return your application to you.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kaye.
I'm sure one of the experts will confirm or deny this but I would think that it is too early for them to have taken payment yet.

So when they do try it will be refused and they will return your application to you.
no they havent taken the money yet, but i dont want to have the application returned as that means ill be back at square one again!!

surely there must be a way to contact the office?
i think i remember seeing a thread with details of a phone number any ideas!!
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:40 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Contact the issuing bank, tell them who you authorised payment to and ask if they will process that transaction.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 5:45 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Contact the issuing bank, tell them who you authorised payment to and ask if they will process that transaction.
This is a good idea.

When I had my handbag stolen once, I could arrange this with my bank for cheques, recent debits etc so definitely worth a try.

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:09 am
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute

no they havent taken the money yet, but i dont want to have the application returned as that means ill be back at square one again!!

surely there must be a way to contact the office?
i think i remember seeing a thread with details of a phone number any ideas!!
Even if you managed to contact the office, they won't have created a file yet.

Originally Posted by The Aviator
This is a good idea and definately worth a try.

Hope you can get payment to them before they return your file.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

THanks for the help,

i contacted my bank and they are able to process the payment to the old card!!!!

thats some relief, cos i started looking how to contact sydney and id doesnt seem easy.

thanks for the help, and thats the panic over. back to the waiting game!
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:16 am
Future Albertan

THanks for the help,

i contacted my bank and they are able to process the payment to the old card!!!!

thats some relief, cos i started looking how to contact sydney and id doesnt seem easy.

thanks for the help, and thats the panic over. back to the waiting game!
That's great news
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 1:37 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

That is good news