Help contacting CIC

Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough
Default Help contacting CIC

I need some info on how to best contact CIC. This is the situation:
We sent in our application for Common-law Sponsorship From Vietnam to Mississauga on Nov 10th. It should have arrived between Nov 17th and the 20th. I think by now we should have recieved our AOR but haven't yet. I want to contact them just to make sure they have indeed recieved our application. From abroad what would be the best way to do this. Does anyone know an e-mail adress or phone number? Also, do I contact Mississauga or Singapore as that's where our application would have been forwarded to after first stage approvel.

Help please!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help contacting CIC

Originally Posted by vietcan
We sent in our application for Common-law Sponsorship From Vietnam to Mississauga on Nov 10th. It should have arrived between Nov 17th and the 20th. I think by now we should have recieved our AOR but haven't yet. I want to contact them just to make sure they have indeed recieved our application. From abroad what would be the best way to do this. Does anyone know an e-mail adress or phone number? Also, do I contact Mississauga or Singapore as that's where our application would have been forwarded to after first stage approvel.

Help please!
HI Vietcan;

You can try the details in this link:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346568

Called them myself about an application in London with no joy, however if you have submitted your application in Mississauga, you should be able to get some info.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Help please!
You don't get AOR from Mississauga, you get it from the visa post when they receive it (so after Mississauga have finished and have mailed it to your visa post). I don't think you have anything to worry about, we submitted our spousal application a month before yours and we haven't heard anything either (it hasn't been forwarded to London yet).
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info. I thought the AOR came from Mississauga, thanks for the clear up. I talk with someone else on this bord who send his application the same time I did and he recieved his AOR last week, and that's why I thought I would have gotten mine by now too. Also, I wasn't able to use Fedex (told me I couldn't send to CIC because no PO box, i think they made a mistake) so I had to use another company and I never got any confirmation that Mississauga actually got our application. I just really want to know that they got it. any ideas????

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
You don't get AOR from Mississauga, you get it from the visa post when they receive it (so after Mississauga have finished and have mailed it to your visa post). I don't think you have anything to worry about, we submitted our spousal application a month before yours and we haven't heard anything either (it hasn't been forwarded to London yet).
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:14 pm
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't worry that you haven't had your AOR back, it took abotu 5-6 weeks for us to receive ours from the London CHC
Riddle89
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:40 pm
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info. I thought the AOR came from Mississauga, thanks for the clear up. I talk with someone else on this bord who send his application the same time I did and he recieved his AOR last week, and that's why I thought I would have gotten mine by now too. Also, I wasn't able to use Fedex (told me I couldn't send to CIC because no PO box, i think they made a mistake) so I had to use another company and I never got any confirmation that Mississauga actually got our application. I just really want to know that they got it. any ideas????
If another company is courier service then I think you can track your package by calling them or online to check when it was actually delivered. Good Luck and be paitent.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 6:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by aat147
If another company is courier service then I think you can track your package by calling them or online to check when it was actually delivered. Good Luck and be paitent.
You should get an approval or request for more info from Mississaugia. They are working on applications received 13/12/05 and it is taking 45 days to process see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm....html#perm_res

PMM
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM, thats what I thought. They should have been working on mine a while ago and be finished. (Nov 20th) I'm a little confused now as some say I will hear from Singapore and some say Mississauga. Some say I should have got my AOR and some say it's to early. So for now I'll wait a couple more weeks, and if nothing, then I'll try contacting them.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You should get an approval or request for more info from Mississaugia. They are working on applications received 13/12/05 and it is taking 45 days to process see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm....html#perm_res

PMM
Old Jan 20th 2006, 1:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks PMM, thats what I thought. They should have been working on mine a while ago and be finished. (Nov 20th) I'm a little confused now as some say I will hear from Singapore and some say Mississauga. Some say I should have got my AOR and some say it's to early. So for now I'll wait a couple more weeks, and if nothing, then I'll try contacting them.
1. Try checking on Ecas to see if the application is in the system http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp
2. You will not receive (most likely) from Singapore except a passport request or a request for interview, their is no overseas AOR in spousal cases, the contact will be Mississaugia.

PMM
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Try checking on Ecas to see if the application is in the system http://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ECAS.jsp
2. You will not receive (most likely) from Singapore except a passport request or a request for interview, their is no overseas AOR in spousal cases, the contact will be Mississaugia.

PMM
Not to argue with you PMM, since you know a heck of a lot more than me, but there's a whole bunch of us on the Lifestyle forum whose spousal/common-law sponsorships, all sent around October/November, are taking considerably longer than quoted, and none of us have had any contact from Mississauga.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348122
Our e-cas says that the application was received October 24th, started processing on November 24th, and has been in process ever since. We did manage to find out that there was a possibility we forgot a photo, and our application was supposedly re-opened on January 17th (found by pestering the call center internationally), but we've still had no direct contact from Mississauga.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again PMM for your help. I've tried to use Ecase several time and haven't been able to get it working yet. Do you know if there is an e-mail address I can contact just to at least get an e-case # or to see when they recieved our application. I would rather contact them by e-mail rather then phone if possible.
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

PMM
Old Jan 20th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again PMM for your help. I've tried to use Ecase several time and haven't been able to get it working yet. Do you know if there is an e-mail address I can contact just to at least get an e-case # or to see when they recieved our application. I would rather contact them by e-mail rather then phone if possible.
Do you have a receipt number for paying fees online (usually start R00)? If so, if you use the receipt number, the sponsor's surname, date of birth and place of birth, it should let you in. I did a LOT of research just to find the phone number (you aren't supposed to be able to call from outside of Canada), but I couldn't find any e-mail addresses for Mississauga, they don't seem to do much correspondence via e-mail (if any).
Old Jan 20th 2006, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I tried the receipt #, but it doesn't work. We actually paid the ROLF and other fee seprate and have 2 receipts. Maybe this is why it's not working for us.
Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Do you have a receipt number for paying fees online (usually start R00)? If so, if you use the receipt number, the sponsor's surname, date of birth and place of birth, it should let you in. I did a LOT of research just to find the phone number (you aren't supposed to be able to call from outside of Canada), but I couldn't find any e-mail addresses for Mississauga, they don't seem to do much correspondence via e-mail (if any).