Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP - Confusing advice - Spousal open WP

Wikiposts

HELP - Confusing advice - Spousal open WP

Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

viccyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP - Confusing advice - Spousal open WP

Hi
The section of the visa website which explains applying for a spousal open work-permit is a little bit ambiguous:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_spouse.htm

On the one hand it states "This work permit can be processed at the same time as the application for the principal applicant is being processed.",

which I take to mean London as that is where my husband is applying for his WP.

"A spouse who is interested in obtaining a work permit under this program should declare their intention to work when the principal applicant makes an application. The spouse must provide a completed work permit application form and the processing fee."

This also implies I send the application to London along with his principal WP applcation.

But the section "Where to Apply" states applying once arrived in Canada. I'm also getting mixed messages from this forum as to where you can apply for a spouse open.

Please help - we'd like to send off both applications to London if possible, but don't want to waste $150 doing this.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:16 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: HELP - Confusing advice - Spousal open WP

Originally Posted by viccyc
Hi

Please help - we'd like to send off both applications to London if possible, but don't want to waste $150 doing this.
Definately London.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP - Confusing advice - Spousal open WP

Originally Posted by viccyc
Hi
The section of the visa website which explains applying for a spousal open work-permit is a little bit ambiguous:

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/worker/e_spouse.htm

On the one hand it states "This work permit can be processed at the same time as the application for the principal applicant is being processed.",

which I take to mean London as that is where my husband is applying for his WP.

"A spouse who is interested in obtaining a work permit under this program should declare their intention to work when the principal applicant makes an application. The spouse must provide a completed work permit application form and the processing fee."

This also implies I send the application to London along with his principal WP applcation.

But the section "Where to Apply" states applying once arrived in Canada. I'm also getting mixed messages from this forum as to where you can apply for a spouse open.

sent mine to london in with husbands WP paperwork.