Help, Confused!!!

Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:32 am
Just Joined

naja08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help, Confused!!!

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post ever... intimidating,

Thats pretty much it, my boyfriend and I decided to move to Canada hopefully next year, so I went online had a quick look at the application form etc and realised that from july 2012, all applicants must have a letter of employment or PHD study to apply for the skilled visa?
is that right?

I took the assessment test and both my boyfriend and I are eligible.... so I am a little bit confused can we still apply for the skilled visa even if we don't have a letter of employment if so we need to do it after January 1, 2013?

My boyfriend is a mechanical/ Gas engineer, he is 30 and coming from UK
I am 27 yo, Marketing Executive, perfectly fluent in both french and English, coming from Belgium
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help, Confused!!!

Hi and welcome to BE.

Put simply, the FSW program is paused at the moment until January, other than for those with a job offer or that qualify under the phd stream.

This CIC page gives you the info you need - http://www.cic.gc.ca/English///depar...2012-06-28.asp

Or this wiki page - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 25th 2012 at 3:48 am.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:54 am
Just Joined

naja08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great!

thanks for the info, fingers crossed my boyfriend's skills will sill be in demand next year!!!!

both Australia and now Canada have changed their immigration law, I feel I have missed the boat and everything from now will be harder... ;-(
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naja08
both Australia and now Canada have changed their immigration law, I feel I have missed the boat and everything from now will be harder... ;-(
Not got a clue about Oz, but the predictions are that it'll get easier for Canada, not harder - have a look at other threads in the immi section of the forum for info.