British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Help confused? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/help-confused-445322/)

meanjock Apr 26th 2007 9:47 pm

Help confused?

Hi
CONFUSED BIG TIME :confused: Our story is this, i live in Germany and got a job offer from a construction firm. They said we would be going the BCPNP way and would end up in Vancouver latest Sept.07 job offer was given April 07 ok i thought .Then after reading the Timelines on this forum for PNPs i thought huh? I called the firm and they said it would fastracked has anyone heard of this before?
Another problem is our baby girl she is almost two can she come on my passport or dose she need her own?
Also they said i would get a two year work visa before we go for our PR

Rob_999 Apr 26th 2007 10:05 pm

Re: Help confused?

Originally Posted by meanjock (Post 4702395)
Hi
CONFUSED BIG TIME :confused: Our story is this, i live in Germany and got a job offer from a construction firm. They said we would be going the BCPNP way and would end up in Vancouver latest Sept.07 job offer was given April 07 ok i thought .Then after reading the Timelines on this forum for PNPs i thought huh? I called the firm and they said it would fastracked has anyone heard of this before?
Another problem is our baby girl she is almost two can she come on my passport or dose she need her own?

That sounds strange. I don't know much about PNP, but why would you wait 2 years before getting PR? Via skilled worker is well under a year with HRSDC approved job offer....

louise033 Apr 26th 2007 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by meanjock (Post 4702395)
Hi

don't know much about pnp but your daughter does need her own passport.

mels123 Apr 26th 2007 11:09 pm

Hi

We've just applied for PNP but we're already in Canada on a work permit.

If your application is approved by the province which takes 5-8 weeks, you can then apply for a work permit to come to Canada. You then send your PR application in and work in Canada until the PR is approved. Usually this will take anywhere from 5 - 18 months.

HTH
Mel

Jim Humphries Apr 27th 2007 2:02 am

The employer must have meant that you would be in Canada on a work permit and complete the PR application from there.

gloveman Apr 27th 2007 9:18 am

We are going to BC and my husband has PNP. Once he received notification that he had PNP, he put in his PR paperwork. Our timeline was PNP received and PR application sent to London early December 2006, medical requests received early February 2007, PPR received end March and passports are now with CHC waiting to be collected. Hope this helps.