Help completing form IM 1344 A

Old Jul 14th 2005, 5:40 am
Just Joined

TNIM will become famous soon enough
Default Help completing form IM 1344 A

Hello Everyone,

I am Canadian PR and resident of Canada. I recently got married and currently in process of submitting application to sponsor my wife to Canada. Can any one of you please help me clearing my doubt?

The doubt I have completing application form IMM 1344 A (Application to Sponsor and Undertaking) in Option C point 6 (b and c). Since I am resident of Canada and my wife lives in home country do I need to complete point 6 (b and c) and also please explain me what does "in Canada class" means?

Thanks.

TNIM
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Help completing form IM 1344 A

? Any takers......

TNIM
Old Jul 15th 2005, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

nickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the roughnickybum is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TNIM
Hello Everyone,

I am Canadian PR and resident of Canada. I recently got married and currently in process of submitting application to sponsor my wife to Canada. Can any one of you please help me clearing my doubt?

The doubt I have completing application form IMM 1344 A (Application to Sponsor and Undertaking) in Option C point 6 (b and c). Since I am resident of Canada and my wife lives in home country do I need to complete point 6 (b and c) and also please explain me what does "in Canada class" means?

Thanks.

TNIM
well im not sure about your first question but i think in canada class means when you are applying from within canada. experts a bit of help please im i right on that one?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nickybum
well im not sure about your first question but i think in canada class means when you are applying from within canada. experts a bit of help please im i right on that one?

Today morning I called CIC help desk and talk to lady. Here are the Ans told to me.

Q1. What is "In Canada Class" means.
Ans:- Applying to sponsor the person already living in Canada.

Q2. In application form IMM 1344 A under Option C for question # 6 a, b and c. What do I need to say? Yes or No.
Ans:- First she explained me what this point is about. i.e To know about the person being sponsored lives and where the application needs to send for further process once Sponsorship is approved. Under my senario, for point 6 B, select checkbox for "No". Applicatoin will be send directly to the visa office of her nationality. then proceed to question # 7.

But again, to my understanding point 6 (b and c) are not applicable to me, because she lives in the country of her nationality. I am gonna leave this questions and planning to attach a letter to the application explaining the reason and confusion.

Q3. My next question was Under option E (Eligibillity Assessment) what do I need to say for question 3.
Ans:- She asked me are you 18 years of age or older. My answer was Yes. Then her next question was, Are you Canadian citizen or permanent resident. My answer was Yes. Next she said, since you already satistied 2 questions you are eligible to sponsor you wife.

I think what she told was incorrect because one has to satisfied all the question from 1 to 4 as Yes. My understanding for question 3 is, I didn't fall under sponsor spouse In Canada class but still my application will be for family class. So I need to say Yes for this question. Am I right?

TNIM
Old Jul 15th 2005, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

You're confusing yourself and me here! I hope this helps:

Q1. What is "In Canada Class" means.
Ans:- Applying to sponsor the person already living in Canada.

Yes, this question is if you are sponsoring your wife who ALREADY lives in Canada. This question is not about you, but where your wife currently lives.

Q2. In application form IMM 1344 A under Option C for question # 6 a, b and c. What do I need to say? Yes or No.
Ans:- First she explained me what this point is about. i.e To know about the person being sponsored lives and where the application needs to send for further process once Sponsorship is approved. Under my senario, for point 6 B, select checkbox for "No". Applicatoin will be send directly to the visa office of her nationality. then proceed to question # 7.

The application process is that it goes to Mississauga, where you are assessed as a sponsor. If you are approved, the application is then forwarded to the Visa office of your wife's nationality. For example, I am Canadian, and I am sponsoring my British husband. The application goes to Mississauga, where I am assessed, then it is forwarded to London, England, to process the PR application, because that's my husband's nationality.

But again, to my understanding point 6 (b and c) are not applicable to me, because she lives in the country of her nationality.

You've said that you've ticked the box to say your wife already lives in Canada, and now you are saying she lives in the country of her nationality. If she's Canadian why are you sponsoring her???