Wikiposts

help citizenship

Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:03 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help citizenship

Yanke held a general meeting with drivers/spouses and immigration so that we would be informed of the out of Canada law and anything else that we needed for PNP, PR etc.

The drivers have on their log books the time that is spent out of Canada and they have to declare this on thier tax return cos they get tax releif on certain things so there is a record with the driver, company and tax office.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:31 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazy2005
JAJ my OH has been here 4 years and runs 2days a week in US so roughly he has spent 416 days out of Canada
Remember that day your OH leaves Canada and day he returns to Canada count as days in Canada under one school, while under another a night spent out of Canada counts as absence. Do the calculation again.

But even if you still come with 416 days of sure absence in past 4 years it is not bad - it will only be a shortage of about 50 days and I can't imagine any citizenship judge who will refuse to grant citizenship under those circumstances if the permanent residence (and only residence) is in Canada, so is the family.

The law doesn't specifically require physical presence - read 5c here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/sta/c-29/sec5.html

and read entire section 5 (with all subsections) of thie document:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/cp/cp05e.pdf

I don't see any big problem for your OH here.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Apr 15th 2008 at 3:52 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

crazy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou so much Andrew this site is awsome.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Remember that day your OH leaves Canada and day he returns to Canada count as days in Canada under one school, while under another a night spent out of Canada counts as absence. Do the calculation again.

But even if you still come with 416 days of sure absence in past 4 years it is not bad - it will only be a shortage of about 50 days and I can't imagine any citizenship judge who will refuse to grant citizenship under those circumstances if the permanent residence (and only residence) is in Canada, so is the family.

The law doesn't specifically require physical presence - read 5c here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/sta/c-29/sec5.html

and read entire section 5 (with all subsections) of thie document:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/cp/cp05e.pdf

I don't see any big problem for your OH here.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:14 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crazy2005
You think it's a bit much for the trucking companies to know about there own governments policies?????????
Yes, that's indeed what I said.

We left everything behind to come out here to work for them and we had all the PR stuff to figure out and do by our selves so I don't think it was much to ask of them at all and if you had read all my posts on this subject you would have noticed that I did personnaly ask immigration about it so don't you sit there and say I didn't do my job properly.
On the other hand, that is not at all what I said.

To your question why is it so important to get citizenship because I gave up my whole life and family to come out here and start a new life and that for me means becoming a citizen
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why the hurry though?