HELP: Can't get medical papers

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

paul.. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP: Can't get medical papers

Hopefully somebody can clear this up for me before I lose my mind.

I am applying for PR to live in Canada. I have 2 dependent children who live in the UK with my ex-wife. I had them undergo the medicals as required for my application even though they will remain in the UK with my ex.

Now my ex is refusing to release the Copy 2 of their 1017c forms, so I can't include the proof of medicals in my application. She is using the excuse that she suspects me of kidnapping my own children. This is getting ridiculous now. I need these forms as per the checklist.

What options do I have?

Any help is much appreciated.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP: Can't get medical papers

Do you know the DMP that did their medicals? If so you could ask him to provide a short note confirming that he has done them and include that. Failing that just write a note explaining your situation.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

paul.. is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely, someone must have been in this position before?

I don't want to risk sending my application off without them, only to be returned to me.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 3:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people have been in same situation before. Did you give any consideration to the advice given in post #2?

If your custody and access rights have been removed by a court of law, then it would be helpful to include evidence of same. Even if they have not been, you could explain the situation. It might involve waiving your rights to sponsor the children under Family Class in the future, but in an extreme situation (such as death or incapacity of other parent) you could sponsor them under another category.

In any case, your choice appears to be to proceed as advised, or abandon the idea of getting permanent residence.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:36 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul..
Surely, someone must have been in this position before?

I don't want to risk sending my application off without them, only to be returned to me.
Write and explain.
You are not the only person who has had issues with their ex causing problems and being obstructive in this process and they will have seen it all before.

Asking for confirmation from the doctor that did the medicals is a good idea too.