Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Help! Can anyone recomend an immigration lawyer??

Help! Can anyone recomend an immigration lawyer??

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

caribbeanbeachbum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Can anyone recomend an immigration lawyer??

Hi, My wife (Canadian Citizen) and I have been living in the Caribbean for nearly 4 yrs now and intend to move to Canada permanently next year. I'm a UK citizen so need to get my status in order to get a job before we leave! We would rather use a Canadian Immigration lawyer to deal with the whole thing for us (we're lazy!). Has anyone used a lawyer that they can recommend? How much did it cost? There are lots out there (some obviously scammers!) So would like to hear from anyone that has used one.......

(Yes we know we can do it for free ourselves but want someone to cross the t's and dot the i's for us so there are no delays or cock-ups!!)

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:05 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Can anyone recomend an immigration lawyer??

Originally Posted by caribbeanbeachbum
Hi, My wife (Canadian Citizen) and I have been living in the Caribbean for nearly 4 yrs now and intend to move to Canada permanently next year. I'm a UK citizen so need to get my status in order to get a job before we leave! We would rather use a Canadian Immigration lawyer to deal with the whole thing for us (we're lazy!). Has anyone used a lawyer that they can recommend? How much did it cost? There are lots out there (some obviously scammers!) So would like to hear from anyone that has used one.......

(Yes we know we can do it for free ourselves but want someone to cross the t's and dot the i's for us so there are no delays or cock-ups!!)

Thanks
Hello, caribbeanbeachbum, and welcome to the BE forum.

If you're lazy, I've got bad news for you. The paperwork that you have to do for immigration is a pain in the neck, and no lawyer or immigration consultant would be able to save you from doing it. There is a lot of documentation that you have to assemble yourself, and no one else can relieve you of it.

Still, if you want someone else to make sure you've crossed the t's and dotted the i's, fair enough.

There are three immigration experts who participate on this forum and whose advice I would trust:
Hope that helps.
x
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:10 am
Just Joined

caribbeanbeachbum is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. We have the forms so know what's involved! We just wanted an 'expert' to check all the info is correct etc. (I already spoke to one lawyer who has told us of one form that we thought we needed but apparently don't so that is precisely the sort of thing we're trying to avoid - EXTRA PAPERWORK!) Thanks again for the info.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

we used David Thomas law group in Vancouver, very helpful and made the process painless ,although not any quicker

http://http://executive-visa.com/

link attached ,if you want more details happy to help just drop me a line

gordon