HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:38 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
cherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant future
Question HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Hi guys, am hoping someone can help me.
My husband and I along with our daughter landed in
Canada May of this year. We came back to the UK to sought things out and intend to return to Canada finally next year, our second daughter was born here in the UK (British Citizen) in October, what steps do we follow to take her back with us to Canada.
We have been told my husband has to sponsor her from canada while she remains in the UK, and we really dont like the sound of that.
Any other opinions?????

Thanks
cherrios is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:44 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,103
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

One of you needs to sponsor her, and because you are only PR's, you do need to be in Canada to do so (only citizens can sponsor from abroad).

However, you can all move and she should be able to enter on a visitor visa until she gets PR. The only downside is that she won't be able to work.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:04 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
cherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

LOL @ she wont be able to work.
Does she need a visa with a British Passport? And do we apply for the visa at the London office, I read a post were the child was granted a visitors visa at the airport is dat possible?
Thanks for ur reply.
cherrios is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 6:12 am
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,103
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Originally Posted by cherrios
LOL @ she wont be able to work.
Does she need a visa with a British Passport? And do we apply for the visa at the London office, I read a post were the child was granted a visitors visa at the airport is dat possible?
Thanks for ur reply.
No visa required. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions

If she's got a British passport just turn up and she should (I wouldn't say 'will', but it's unlikely there would be any issue) be granted entry with no issues.

BTW, I should have said earlier, but congrats both on PR and the new baby!
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:08 am
  #5  
BTJ
Occasionally Useful
 
BTJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Posts: 682
BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

You might want to look into the health insurance situation for having a child with only visitor status though.
BTJ is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 12:30 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
aquariusvn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

I am in the process of sponsoring my 2 years old daughter who was born abroad after I got my PR. It's a long process so I suggest that you start right away. I have brought her in Canada as visitor before her PR is finalized.

The unexpected problem for us is health insurance for visitor. The health insurance is a real headache we're facing right now. Yes, I bought a visitor insurance policy but it's a PITA to deal with the insurance company and clinics here. The clinic that I visited charges CAD 120 per visit for non-resident and CAD 37 just for filling the insurance claim form. I'm still not sure whether that fee will be reimbursed for not. When the doctor prescribes any further test, for example, ultrasound, I have to call the insurance company to ask for authorization. For some reason, they think that's not reasonable and they ask me to request the clinic to fax them my medical notes. Then I have to call the clinic, and the clinic asks me to get the insurance to fax them the request. Then I have to call the insurance company again etc..

Babies usually don't need any complicated medical treatment so you'll be probably ok. However, you should try to sponsor your baby asap and minimize the time of her staying in canada under visitor status as much as you can.
aquariusvn is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:35 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
cherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Thank u sooo much u have been very helpful, so her sponsorship can be done when we arrive Canada as well her medicals when requested?
cherrios is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:38 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
cherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Originally Posted by BTJ
You might want to look into the health insurance situation for having a child with only visitor status though.
That shouldnt be a prob, Thanks Dear
cherrios is offline  
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:51 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
cherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant futurecherrios has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Originally Posted by aquariusvn
I am in the process of sponsoring my 2 years old daughter who was born abroad after I got my PR. It's a long process so I suggest that you start right away. I have brought her in Canada as visitor before her PR is finalized.

The unexpected problem for us is health insurance for visitor. The health insurance is a real headache we're facing right now. Yes, I bought a visitor insurance policy but it's a PITA to deal with the insurance company and clinics here. The clinic that I visited charges CAD 120 per visit for non-resident and CAD 37 just for filling the insurance claim form. I'm still not sure whether that fee will be reimbursed for not. When the doctor prescribes any further test, for example, ultrasound, I have to call the insurance company to ask for authorization. For some reason, they think that's not reasonable and they ask me to request the clinic to fax them my medical notes. Then I have to call the clinic, and the clinic asks me to get the insurance to fax them the request. Then I have to call the insurance company again etc..

Babies usually don't need any complicated medical treatment so you'll be probably ok. However, you should try to sponsor your baby asap and minimize the time of her staying in canada under visitor status as much as you can.
Wow that is one exhausting process, glad see someone who has gone through d process. on what grounds did you apply for a visitors visa?
cherrios is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2012, 12:31 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 889
wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Originally Posted by aquariusvn
Babies usually don't need any complicated medical treatment so you'll be probably ok. However, you should try to sponsor your baby asap and minimize the time of her staying in canada under visitor status as much as you can.
That's true but they do need a lot of innoculations.

When we came over with a 3 month old, and had to wait 3 months for OHIP to kick in, we had to pay for some of the innoculations. Don't think it was overly expensive though.
wolstie is offline  
Old Dec 6th 2012, 6:31 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
aquariusvn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!! Baby Born in the UK

Originally Posted by cherrios
Wow that is one exhausting process, glad see someone who has gone through d process. on what grounds did you apply for a visitors visa?
My daughter (french citizen) doesn't need a visitor visa. At the border, we just explained to the officer about our situation and went through without any problem (even no secondary inspection).
aquariusvn is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.