Help Assistance Needed!

Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

MAC32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Assistance Needed!

Hi All

I am new so please be patient if this has already been Posted :-S

I have been given a full time job to work in Canada (Actually 2 postions SAME COMPANY!!!)

I am not sure what to do as I have been told that it can be up to 36 mths process time for a Visa and the company want me to start in Jan 2010....

So Here Goes.....

Application Form...
I know I will clear Back ground check as I hold no spent convictions (Also I have never been in trouble with criminal Activity)
On the Background check form it asks.... Please list what you been doing since the age of 18 ( Gulp!!! I am 32 now) I cannot remember all my past!!! I have been an IT Contractor for 14 years Does anyone know if this is an issue??????

What do they check???? Do they really really go through every employer etc.... As Today I started calling round the employers I do remember and run into these issues...
Some Employers only keep your details for 18mths to 6 years... before removing you alltogether from the system!!!
I have nothing to hide just that I can actuually understand why the backlog is so big if you clear security is it really necessary to go through everything?

Hope you girls and guys can help....

I have short time to see weather is really worth it... as its my dream to work and live in Canada just not sure what form eVisa is best!

Regards

Mac

By The Way I am a British Citizen!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:33 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Assistance Needed!

If they want you to start in Jan 2010 then you are probably looking at needing an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) & work permit.

As and when you receive a positive LMO then you go and get your Work Permit and bobs your uncle.

What is the job that you have been offered?
Old Nov 13th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I have been Offered a Senior Server Support Analyst Job.
For There Offices In Calgary and Ontario..

After reading everyones posts I can see why people are so mad Waiting...

I am just not sure what Visa to apply for...

Rgds

Anthony
Old Nov 14th 2009, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
When deciding which province, I would research the housing costs in both areas. We found Calgary to be double what we would spend in Ontario on average......I would also decide whether you will want to settle for good in Canada and look at the Provincial nominee programmes run by each province.....but as the prev poster has said you will need an LMO.....and then to get there a temporary work permit.
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by MAC32
Hi

I have been Offered a Senior Server Support Analyst Job.
For There Offices In Calgary and Ontario..

After reading everyones posts I can see why people are so mad Waiting...

I am just not sure what Visa to apply for...

Rgds

Anthony
Old Nov 14th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Has Anyone had any issues on the past and present history from the age of 18?

I have contacted the embassy and awaiting an answer I have been an IT Contractor For 15 Years

Just wondering if there is gaps what would be the issue?
Old Nov 15th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Hi MAC

You should definately get your employer started on the LMO. They have to apply for the Labour Market Opinion and it takes at least 4-8 weeks until they receive it. Then you need to apply for your work permit which takes another 4-8 weeks.

So chop chop - after you have your work permit you can worry about the PR application! Usually gaps of more than 1 month are problematic. But you can always fill gaps with 'unemployed' or 'waiting for school to start'...

I would always recommend Ontario as the job market is bigger and if you should ever - god forbid - lose your job finding a new one should be easier in Toronto. Also housing is cheaper.

Once you have decided on where to live and work you should check out the provincial nominee programs. They will give you a headstart for your PR and waiting won't be that hard. I've been through the ONtario PNP process and am very very happy with their support. The office is always open for questions - even by phone! Super!

All the best!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mermaid

Thank you so much for your reply!!!

LMO and Work Permit...are in process...

Its just my issue is basically being a contractor for 15 years (Since 17!)

I am not sure what times or were I was over time since I was 18...

I have started to call all my employers I can think of... Most say after 18mths they do not hold records... others say they have to check out storage!

I just do not understand why they want every thing were you been etc since the age of 18... As I have been told they do not check with your past employers..

As The Criminal & Interpol Check is carried out...

See what happens I guess :-S
Old Nov 15th 2009, 2:33 pm

marclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to allmarclouis is a name known to all

If you were a contractor, say so, you are in effect self employed / company director. list some of the companies you did work for that you remember and fill the gaps with "various clients". I had the same issue, also in IT, it wasnt questioned, remember they are clients not employers.

If you get an LMO, you can have a temp permit in a couple of months at most, worry about the long wait while you are actually here.

I am guessing that when you say "never been in trouble with criminal Activity" you were just never caught.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 2:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have started to call all my employers I can think of... Most say after 18mths they do not hold records... others say they have to check out storage!

I just do not understand why they want every thing were you been etc since the age of 18... As I have been told they do not check with your past employers..
They can, and sometimes do, check with past employers. If you cannot get the proof that CIC require to prove you did the job (i.e. payslips or contract), then you can use things like P60's and NI records instead.

Don't worry about it yet though, you're a way off applying for PR if you've not yet got the LMO/TWP. That needs to be your first concern, make sure that your potential employer has plenty of proof of their advertisements (and give proof of adverts in newspapers etc as well as online adverts, as we've seen a recent LMO rejection for that reason). Once you've got the LMO and TWP then you can start compiling everything to apply for PR.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply... :-)

Well My employer is on the ball!

He wants me there In Jan 2010.
I am Just worried about this Permit as they say at the moment in the North Americas Theres Millions Unemployed In Europe Theres near over 26 Million!

With the PR Thing the only thing thats getting me Down when I do eventually apply is the information of when I was 18 to present... I have over 10 years IT Contract Work Experience Just knowing who and when!....

Thanks for your replys though!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by marclouis
If you were a contractor, say so, you are in effect self employed / company director. list some of the companies you did work for that you remember and fill the gaps with "various clients". I had the same issue, also in IT, it wasnt questioned, remember they are clients not employers.

If you get an LMO, you can have a temp permit in a couple of months at most, worry about the long wait while you are actually here.

I am guessing that when you say "never been in trouble with criminal Activity" you were just never caught.
No never been any trouble I am too Squeeky Clean I am Nato Cleared!
However "Sometimes" it pays to be a little naughty!

Thanks for your advice Though!
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

I have over 10 years IT Contract Work Experience Just knowing who and when!....
As I see it, if you were a contractor and not hired as an employee you only had one employer - yourself. The businesses you worked for were clients. If your contract business was incorporated, you were an employee of that corporation, the businesses you worked for were still just clients.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Aviatar

Thanks for your reply...

Its good to know however I see Alarm Bells Would ring if I put Self Employed (Even Though I did Use A Umberella To Do My Payroll etc...)

I have most Paperwork Just there is a gaps in months etc... So I have Applied to The Inland Revenue for Statements of my Tax Years.. 95 To Present!

Hopefully this will work Fingers Crossed!