Help with application

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

rooney2603 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with application

Hi

I sent off for temporary work permit applications and the High Commission of Canada have sent a letter back asking for us to send employment experience documents (minimum 6 years), they require a reference letter from employer with job title and description of duties etc.

The thing is my husband is self employed. So I'm not really sure what to send.

Can anyone help? Please.

I was told that I didn't need to send proof of employment as my husband had a job offer. I guess they need proof of experience although I sent his CV/resume.

Thanks

Lisa
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 4:30 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with application

Sorry, Lisa, I don't know the answer to your question. I hope someone who knows will come along and help you.
x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rooney2603
Hi

I sent off for temporary work permit applications and the High Commission of Canada have sent a letter back asking for us to send employment experience documents (minimum 6 years), they require a reference letter from employer with job title and description of duties etc.

Can anyone help? Please.

I was told that I didn't need to send proof of employment as my husband had a job offer. I guess they need proof of experience although I sent his CV/resume.

Thanks

Lisa
Hi Lisa,
if your Oh is self employed perhaps he could ask the companies/clients that he has done work for to type up some references in relation to what service he has provided?
What is your hubbys line of work?

Sue
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

rooney2603 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sue

He is a Carpenter.

I think references are what the High Commission want, although its not really clear on their letter. I'll send some and see what happens.

I thought someone self employed who already has a temp work permit might of been able to let me know what they sent with their application.

Thanks

Lisa
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Hi Sue

He is a Carpenter.

I think references are what the High Commission want, although its not really clear on their letter. I'll send some and see what happens.

I thought someone self employed who already has a temp work permit might of been able to let me know what they sent with their application.

Thanks

Lisa
Lisa,

I have sent you PM.

Sue...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

References from clients, contracts and invoices for work done, tax returns showing income from self-employment, etc..

Your husband must not only prove working in claimed occupation and performing substantial number of duties as per NOC description of that occupation, but he also needs to prove working full time or provide conclusive evidence of hours worked allowing for conversion of any part time to full time equivalent. Minimum 6 years evidence is likely asked for the reason of determining full time equivalent. A lot of paperwork.