Help Again Needed!!!!

Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of
Default Help Again Needed!!!!

Hi Guys

I am freaking out here!!! We have been asked to forward our passports for our PR to be added into. Now this is great news however we are in a dilemma as to when we can book our flights, We are living in New Zealand at the minute and really need to get going. We did our medicals on 29th Oct 07.

If we book our flights for 27th Oct this yr and land in Canada on the 27th then will we be ok as we were initially told that we had to be in the country within a yr of our medicals. I really dont understand what to do.

Please somebody put my mind at rest, Im goin grey here.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:06 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help Again Needed!!!!

I wasnt aware it had to be within a time frame of your medicals - just thought it was within a time frame of receiving your PR papers in your passport????????
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanah
I wasnt aware it had to be within a time frame of your medicals - just thought it was within a time frame of receiving your PR papers in your passport????????
Your PR visa is usually valid (unless they make it otherwise which is rare) for 1yr from the date of your medicals, or until the date your passport expires if the expiry date is before the 1yr medical anniversary.

OP, I have to say I think it's really, really foolish to leave landing until the day before your PR visa expires. I appreciate it's difficult and not cheap to get to Canada from NZ but you should surely give yourself some leeway. What if you're sick and can't travel, what if you crash your car on the way to the airport, what if a relative dies...there are a hundred and one reasons you might not be able to make that flight and if you don't, you have to start all over again from the beginning.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:14 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Your PR visa is usually valid (unless they make it otherwise which is rare) for 1yr from the date of your medicals, or until the date your passport expires if the expiry date is before the 1yr medical anniversary.

OP, I have to say I think it's really, really foolish to leave landing until the day before your PR visa expires. I appreciate it's difficult and not cheap to get to Canada from NZ but you should surely give yourself some leeway. What if you're sick and can't travel, what if you crash your car on the way to the airport, what if a relative dies...there are a hundred and one reasons you might not be able to make that flight and if you don't, you have to start all over again from the beginning.
Thanks Biiink - lucky im going in TWP at moment lol .

What confused me was the fact that they have only just been asked for the passports - so the OP doesnt know when to book the flights - ie/ will they be back by October - This is what i "think" she is trying to say.
The confusion comes from me wondering why - If CIC leave it so close to the medical expiry to issue PR papers - how do people manage not to go over the 1 year medical time if there are any delays?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

Thanks for the response guys.
However I think I need to advise you that it is NOT the cost of the flights that hold us up, we are perfectly able to afford flights.
I am not usually one to explain myself, but in this instance I will. My husband is in the forces here and due to Military commitments, it is leaving a very small window for travel. And unfortunately we went through a pretty incompetent company to do our immigration for us and have not advised us very well at all. I too thought that we would have a yr to travel from the PR was issued onto our passports and yes I find it unusual that our passports have not been called forward before now.
Guys it was help I needed not a lecture.... Thanks again though
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanah
If CIC leave it so close to the medical expiry to issue PR papers - how do people manage not to go over the 1 year medical time if there are any delays?
If the visas haven't been issued by the 1yr anniversary, they'll ask you to redo the medical, or (highly unlikely) they sometimes give a small extension.

They did not extend OH's (it was not offered and we did not ask) he only had 7wks validity remaining on his PR visa. This was due to him doing the family class medical far too early, and an undelivered PPR letter he never got - thanks Royal Mail We went for a long weekend in Toronto and he landed, we didn't move until many months later.

OP, whatever, your risk.