Help and advice wanted!

Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help and advice wanted!

Originally Posted by NBJW
Hi all,

I sent my cv to a place advertising ********** and I recieved a guaranteed job offer with guaranteed 2yr work permit.

It just sounds too good to be true. All they want is copies of passport, qualifications and a cheque for $625 for my work permit. I have attached two of the six forms they sent by email and want me to attend a talk on everything. I have been on the net and they seem legit? They dont want any money before I attend the talk. Obviously YOU have to be careful dont you,as I am fully aware this could be some sort of scam.

They also add that the company who has offered me a job can sponsor myself for PR and it could take between 6-9 months.

What does anybody think?, Please help or has anyone heard of this company.

Clairmont Mechanical ltd in Surrey Bc.

CLAIRMONT MECHANICAL CONTRACTING lTD.
313.8352- 130th Street, Surrey, B.C. V3W 8J9 Tel (604) 502-8800 Fax (604) 502-8002. [email protected]
January 05, 2008
N W, c/o Jobs in B.C. #312-1755 Robson St. Vancouver, V6G 3B7. B.C.
Dear Sir,
Offer of Employment
It is with great pleasure to offer you a full-time position within our Company as a Journey-man Plumber.
Details of your employment are as follows:
Position: Full-time position as a Journeyman Plumber
Remuneration: Your hourly rate will be $25.00 plus 4% holiday pay. The first payday will be the 2nd Friday after you start and every Friday thereafter. There will be an initial probationary period of up to 3 months for training and orientation to Canadian systems, at the rate of $22.50.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 7.5 hours per day for a 35 hour week. Longer hours may be possible.
Duties: -Ability to read blueprints and drawings: -Install Plumbing systems to projects including as follows:
-ABS Plastic systems: -PVC Plastic systems: -Cast Iron systems: -Copper piping systems:
-Soldering: Brazing: -Ability to mentor apprentices: -Learn and follow the Clairmont Work Safe practices and policies:
Other: You will be required to provide your own hard hat, steel-toe workboots, rain gear and hand tools. Clairmont will provide larger power tools required. You are required to provide your own transportation to the job site.
Benefits: We offer a full benefit package, paid in it’s entirety by Clairmont on your behalf. This package includes Dental Care, Life Insurance, extended Medical Health. This package does not replace the Provincial Medical Services Plan.
The Company philosophy is to promote from within whenever possible. We welcome you to our organization and look forward to long and mutually beneficial relationship.
Sincerely,
Douglas, Witzel, President

PLUMBING-HVAC-GAS-SPRINKLERS
hi i came to canada this way, but as a bricky, and everything was as it said, and i am still here after 5 months
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

hi sorry to hijack this thread, but was wondering if there was a particular company you used to get a job as a brickie, we are thinking of relocating and oh is brickie, thanks a mil
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:54 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
hi sorry to hijack this thread, but was wondering if there was a particular company you used to get a job as a brickie, we are thinking of relocating and oh is brickie, thanks a mil
Have sent you a message with some info for you anne - hope it helps
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:46 am
Just Joined

bambam has a spectacular aura aboutbambam has a spectacular aura aboutbambam has a spectacular aura about

Hello

Anyone with information on ********** or Peter Miller? We have received a job offer with guaranteed work permit for 2 years. We have checked out the company that the offer comes from and they do exist. All the info we have been given so far also seems to tally with that given by Canadian High Commission. However, we are aware that this could be a scam. A fee of £75 has been requested for work permit although we have been advised that it is normal practice to get the work permit after an interview with a immigration person at the Airport. Not sure if fee would normally be paid then aswell.

It all seems too easy...
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

How many times we'll be dealing here with the same kind of sc** and the same *********** company? Don't you people read past posts?

There is no such thing as "job offer with guaranteed work permit for 2 years" - in order to apply for work permit you need formal job offer from legitimate employer plus positive Labor Market Opinion from HRSDC plus be fully qualified to do the job (including Canadian license where needed).
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:04 am
Just Joined

bambam has a spectacular aura aboutbambam has a spectacular aura aboutbambam has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply. Is there any way of finding out which employers have an LMO?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:21 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
How many times we'll be dealing here with the same kind of sc** and the same *********** company? Don't you people read past posts?

There is no such thing as "job offer with guaranteed work permit for 2 years" - in order to apply for work permit you need formal job offer from legitimate employer plus positive Labor Market Opinion from HRSDC plus be fully qualified to do the job (including Canadian license where needed).
We were going with this company but backed out for 'other ' reasons. He does get the LMO and it does seem legit. He has several trade companies for whom he recruits, he applies in bulk for the LMO to HRSDC, ( a few times a year) Once you 'sign up' you need to send him copies of trade certs and all other info, and the LMO is applied for in your name - though already preapproved. The job offer letter and the LMO are used to apply on POE.
This is what we were told and i know a few people who have gone through him and its been fine. His customer service / general manner is vile and he is a rude obnoxious little twerp - but that aside his business seems legit. He claims he doesnt charge but he does, the fee's you pay DO NOT include your permits, you still have to pay for those on POE - so the $150 per permit to the immigraion on POE - so infact the money you pay him is for his services - he says for finding the job and doing all the hard work - though im not sure what that is.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Thank you

We have just had a very strange conversation with this man. He certainly is everything that you say he is. Shall keep everyone posted about how we get on!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bambam
Thank you

We have just had a very strange conversation with this man. He certainly is everything that you say he is. Shall keep everyone posted about how we get on!
hi bambam
i came to Canada on the same work permit method you have been offered. Everything has been hunky dory so far(8 1/2 months), and there are still more trades arriving now.
Peter got me a place to stay ,and has always been there for me when called upon.
any ? feel free to contact me
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your message. Everything is sorted now and we are expecting to arrive early July. I understand that when we enter CANADA we will need to tell immiration that we are there to work and will be interviewed and issed with work permit. Did you have to do this?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bambam
Thanks for your message. Everything is sorted now and we are expecting to arrive early July. I understand that when we enter CANADA we will need to tell immiration that we are there to work and will be interviewed and issed with work permit. Did you have to do this?
hi did you get my p.m.
regards sim