Help and Advice on TWP

Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Tanyamarty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and Advice on TWP

Hello All

Can anyone help me out a little bit about visas?

Until recently we were attempting to go over to Canada with my husband being a long haul truck driver in Alberta (the company were going to sort visas etc) however it looks likely that my husband will be offered a position in the oilfields in the very near future and we need to sort our own visas. We have two children aged 4 and 1 , i would be a stay at home mum so would not need to work initially . we plan to apply for PR when we arrive. I know my husband will need to apply for a TWP . We will do that from home not at POE but what visa if any will i need? I am living in the uk and a uk citizen at the moment.

I hope thats enough info for someone to help me? Ive looked at the WIKI etc but its all a bit of a minefield

thanks in advance
Tanya
Old Jun 5th 2011, 8:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and Advice on TWP

You would just go as a dependent on your husband's TWP application, and could possibly apply for your own open work permit if your husband's job qualifies.

HTH.

Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Tanyamarty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help and Advice on TWP

Thank you that's a big help :-)