Help and Advice please

Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

feckthedee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and Advice please

Decided to join the forum before enlisting the aid of an immigration adviser.

Perhaps some of you guys can help instead.

I have had a job offer in writing for Canada, subject to an LMO of course.

At what point do I need to sort my visa?

Secondly when I was younger I got in a bit of trouble with the police.
I have 5 offences on my record the last time I checked.
Was only ever fined, the most serious of which resulted in a £200 fine.

One of the offences happened when I was 15, but I was fined 2 days after my 16th birthday. This was firing an air rifle in a public place, fined £20.

The other offences are criminal damage, broke a car mirror, fined £100.
3 counts of Breach of the peace, fined £60, £80 and £200.

My last offence was 17 years ago and these offences have never prevented me from working with children in my voluntary role. Where I have needed an enhanced CRB check.

I'm not sure, what happens under Scottish Law, they have a weeding policy whereby some convictions are expunged after long enough period of time.

Any advice?

Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and Advice please

Originally Posted by feckthedee
I have had a job offer in writing for Canada, subject to an LMO of course.

At what point do I need to sort my visa?
You can't get it until you've got the LMO in hand. Has your employer applied for it yet? They're taking around 12-16 weeks at the moment on average, just to give you an idea of timescales.

Originally Posted by feckthedee

Secondly when I was younger I got in a bit of trouble with the police.
I have 5 offences on my record the last time I checked.
Was only ever fined, the most serious of which resulted in a £200 fine.

One of the offences happened when I was 15, but I was fined 2 days after my 16th birthday. This was firing an air rifle in a public place, fined £20.

The other offences are criminal damage, broke a car mirror, fined £100.
3 counts of Breach of the peace, fined £60, £80 and £200.

My last offence was 17 years ago and these offences have never prevented me from working with children in my voluntary role. Where I have needed an enhanced CRB check.

I'm not sure, what happens under Scottish Law, they have a weeding policy whereby some convictions are expunged after long enough period of time.

Any advice?

Thanks
How old were you at the time of all of the offences? Have you got your ACPO check to see if they are still on there?

Not sure if you'd need criminal rehab to enter Canada or not without knowing full details, have a read of the following - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...conviction.asp

HTH, good luck.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

They have provided me with a copy of the written offer they intend to give me if the LMO is approved.

They have applied for it.

My offences happened at 15, 18, 21, 23 & 25.
I am now 42 years old.

I am in the process of finding out what is still held on record.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Going by your username I assume you are a "Scottish Arab" - We already have one resident "arab" in Jings so no room for anymore sorry

Not really any help to you on the criminal charges nowadays but your record looks very similar to mine at the time and they let me in
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nldfc
Going by your username I assume you are a "Scottish Arab" - We already have one resident "arab" in Jings so no room for anymore sorry

Not really any help to you on the criminal charges nowadays but your record looks very similar to mine at the time and they let me in
At least that eases my mind slightly.