Help and advice needed please

Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:50 am
kfb
Just Joined

kfb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help and advice needed please

My partner moved over to canada in dec12. Myself and my daughter are planning on joining him in May 13 .. But i seem to find any answers could someone please help
1. I am planning going on a visitors visa for 1st 6mth ..(then he can sponsor me later) Is that the best choice??
2: My 15 yrs daughter is coming with me do i apply for a separate visa for her and does she require a study visa prior to travelling to canada or can i get everything i need at the port of entry once i land ..
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and advice needed please

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by kfb
1. I am planning going on a visitors visa for 1st 6mth ..(then he can sponsor me later) Is that the best choice??
Why doesn't he sponsor you now? That way you'd have a PR application well underway when you go and hopefully it would be through a couple of months after you arrive in Canada. You could go over on a visitor visa, but remember you may not get the full six months on entry (it's only up to six months).

Are you married, or planning on applying as common-law spouses? If the latter then you should be living together, so it may cause problems that you'll have been apart for 6 months. Your call of course, but personally I wouldn't wait to get to Canada to start the application.

Originally Posted by kfb
2: My 15 yrs daughter is coming with me do i apply for a separate visa for her and does she require a study visa prior to travelling to canada or can i get everything i need at the port of entry once i land ..
Is she your partners child? Sorry for the personal question, but if not then don't forget you'll need written permission from her father to remove her from UK jurisdiction, or a court order to that effect. If she's entering as a visitor and has no other status, then she'll need a study permit.

Is your partner a citizen or PR?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

What you and your daughter need is very dependent on the status off your Partner. We can't really answer questions without knowing if he is a Canadian Citizen, PR, TWP or visitor.

At 15 your daughter does not need a study permit to attend school, she will need a long term visitor permit, this is however dependant on you and your partners residency status. A study permit is generally only needed for students in further education.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 6:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
At 15 your daughter does not need a study permit to attend school, she will need a long term visitor permit, this is however dependant on you and your partners residency status. A study permit is generally only needed for students in further education.
A lot of schools will insist on it. Technically, the child of a TWP holder (although I assume the OP's partner is a PR or Citizen as she refers to sponsorship) doesn't need a study permit, but often those on the forum have to get them anyway.

Gotta love the inconsistencies!