Help!!

Old Mar 21st 2018, 10:05 am
Just Joined

norfy15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!

Hi I'm not sure if anyone can help me. My wife and I are looking to move to Canada within the next year. We wont get enough points for the cic route so we thought we would try the work permit route, has anyone ever done it this way? Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2018, 11:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!

Originally Posted by norfy15
Hi I'm not sure if anyone can help me. My wife and I are looking to move to Canada within the next year. We wont get enough points for the cic route so we thought we would try the work permit route, has anyone ever done it this way? Thanks
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Not sure what you mean by 'cic route', do you mean Express Entry? If so, what are you both scoring on the CRS? Just wondering if there is any other way to get your points up if you're close.

Lots of people have gone over on work permits, are you talking about a 'normal' work permit, or an IEC visa?

If the former, then it will certainly be trickier, but if you have skills in demand then hopefully you'll be able to find an employer prepared to sponsor you so you can get a LMIA and subsequently a TWP.

Lots of good advice in the Wiki about work permits and how to job hunt in Canada (it's very different to the UK, put simply you need to get out there and knock on doors!) which is worth reading if you've not found it already.

Best of luck.