Help !!!!!!!

Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !!!!!!!

Originally Posted by phat-dave
i think the biggest hurdle for IEC is that you cannot have any dependents ie: kids
Yes you can.

Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave
i think the biggest hurdle for IEC is that you cannot have any dependents ie: kids
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes you can.

christmasoompa is correct.

Perhaps it would be helpful to read the Q&A on the CIC website to confirm before giving (incorrect) information?.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...view=d#Spouses

I would like to apply to the IEC initiative. May my child come with me? What will his/her status be?

Yes, your child may come to Canada with you.......
(read the rest online)

Old Nov 1st 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by siouxie
If you came over on an IEC visa, worked at as a butcher for 9 months in BC you could apply for the Entry Level / Semi-skilled PNP, provided that class is still in effect by that time. You would come under 'food handlers' - 9462 Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters, Poultry Preparers and Related Workers

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

If you came over on an IEC visa and did the same work in Alberta, you could apply for the same scheme in Alberta.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...-criteria.aspx

same is for Manitoba..6 month employment with the same employer offering you further full time permanent work and you can apply for PNP.

Check out Maple Leaf Foods in Brandon and/or Hylife Food in Neepawa, if you have butcher experience and show up with a valid work visa, they might just bend over. You probably can find employment as well in grocery stores with meat sections. Gotta do some research...