HELP

Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

AliT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help??? i am struggling to understand how I can't apply for permanant residency until I have a job offer although if I do get a job no employer will wait 23 months until my application is processed- is there another way around this? do i need a work permit first????
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

Originally Posted by AliT
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help??? i am struggling to understand how I can't apply for permanant residency until I have a job offer although if I do get a job no employer will wait 23 months until my application is processed- is there another way around this? do i need a work permit first????
Hi, and welcome to BE.

You are correct that most employers won't wait a couple of years for you to get out there, so most people go over on a TWP first. That of course is if you need a job offer to get PR, as there are various routes to get PR without one, if you are eligible.

Once you're there on a TWP, you can then apply for PR if you are eligible. So if you have a job offer, then the first thing to do would be to get your employer to apply for the LMO, or PNP. Your best visa route will depend on the province your job will be in, and what exactly it is. Do you already have a job offer and if so, do you have a LMO?

Have a read of the Wiki (follow the link in my signature) to understand the various visa routes.

Best of luck.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your speedy response. What is a LMO and PNP??
Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations

Old Jan 29th 2012, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliT
Thank you very much for your speedy response. What is a LMO and PNP??
LMO is what you'll need to get a Temp Work Permit - it's a Labour Market Opinion, which is something that your employer must apply for to prove that they have advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job.

PNP is Provincial Nominee Program.

If you follow the link in my sig or read the sticky thread for Newcomers to the Forum, you'll find a list of abbreviations that will explain things like this.

Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much for all of your help. I finally i now what to do now- phew!!!