Help!

Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

stuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond reputestuabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help!

Bear with me here, my life in Canada, became rather complex this week.

I'll have been in Edmonton for two years working on a TWP effective January 8th 2011. I came on an IT visa that meant my employer did not have to submit an LMO. Unfortunately for me, they have made a mess of my Permanent Residency application to AINP, which has resulted in it being closed. And, as a result of the IT Visa program ending on 30th September 2010, I no longer will have the opportunity to extend my current work permit. My employer will have to get the LMO done, which was started this week.

My understanding is that as long as the LMO is being applied for, i have 'implied status' to continue to work for my company until the LMO decision arrives. If it is negative, i will have to cease work.

My girlfriend and I were due to be married next April. What would happen if we brought the wedding forward to December? I would no longer need the LMO (although we would keep the application open) and instead she would sponsor me as a spouse.

Can anyone help clarify how long it takes for a spouse to sponsor me if in the country already?

I believe i can also apply to live under the Canadian Experience Class as I will have worked in Alberta for 2 years in January.

It seems i have many conflicting options.

Would welcome some input here. Should we get married in December, would that help me? Even if the employer LMO is successful, my status would change anyway if i got married, right?

arrgggh....!

Thx.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 7:41 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!

Marriage is simplest and least onerous.