Help

Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice
Default Help

Hi After a great length of time waiting for approval via the spouse sponsership and also the citizenship of our adopted children we have received an email today asking me to

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Please follow the instructions in the attached letter carefully. Your file number is indicated in the subject line of this email. .

Unless your passport or the passport of one of your accompanying family members (if any) expires on an earlier date, your permanent resident visa(s) will all expire on 10-12-2010 .

So what does this actually mean. We have a holiday booked for December 18th for 9 days. When is the latest I can move to Canada, considering the house, jobs, kids and everything else.

Thanks Mark
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help

my take is you'll have to 'land' in Canada before 10-12-2010

landing can just be a paperwork exercise as apposed to actually moving

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

once you've 'landed' you can go back and sort your affairs in the UK at your leisure as long as you spend 2 out of the next 5 years in Canada to keep your PR status

bummer tho if you are due there a week or so after
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:35 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marknh
Hi After a great length of time waiting for approval via the spouse sponsership and also the citizenship of our adopted children we have received an email today asking me to

Your application has reached the final stage of processing. Please follow the instructions in the attached letter carefully. Your file number is indicated in the subject line of this email. .

Unless your passport or the passport of one of your accompanying family members (if any) expires on an earlier date, your permanent resident visa(s) will all expire on 10-12-2010 .

So what does this actually mean. We have a holiday booked for December 18th for 9 days. When is the latest I can move to Canada, considering the house, jobs, kids and everything else.

Thanks Mark
I'm not one of the experts, but it looks to me you would all need to land before or on 10/12/2010 unless the passport expires earlier than that.

Dec 18th sounds too late for squeeze in. After landing, there is time to arrange a final move, with 2 yrs out of 5 living in Canada to keep the PR. Absolute latest, I would interpret as 09/12/2015, but that would leave no time for holidays / visits outside Canada.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spaceace
my take is you'll have to 'land' in Canada before 10-12-2010

landing can just be a paperwork exercise as apposed to actually moving

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

once you've 'landed' you can go back and sort your affairs in the UK at your leisure as long as you spend 2 out of the next 5 years in Canada to keep your PR status

bummer tho if you are due there a week or so after
It's 2 years out of every 5, from the date you complete your Record of Landing.

Wayne.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

marknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nicemarknh is just really nice

Thanks for that..The email has just come out of the blue after a request yesterday for a copy of my childrens bio page from their passports. We were planning to move in Dec 2012 so then it looks like it will all work out. Is that correct? would not be coming back to the uk for a long while after move i suspect as my family and friends are expecting to holiday with us.

Would my children now get sent thier Canadian passports and also now that I have had this request and once i send my passport. Does this mean that I can finally move to Canada in 2012 with my family????

Sorry about all the questions
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

as long as you plan to move before the 10th December 2010, then yes, it'll all work out
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:49 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

and I'm not sure about the canadian passports, as the spousal route I am less familiar with, sorry

PMM or someone else with more specific knowledge will be along soon no doubt.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

[as long as you plan to move before the 10th December 2010, then yes, it'll all work out

So I have to move in 4 months then?

Im really sorry about this
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hello again.

Im really sorry to trouble you all again. Im not sure whether I should be getting excited?
Does this mean that I have passed the checks and just have to send my passpsort and then the visa will be sent?. Sorry so many questions.. Also If I have to go to land before the 10th Dec, what will i need?
Also will they ask about me not moving there until Dec 2012?

Thanks for all your support

Mark
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

mat_ts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark,

We are in the same boat received the same email yesterday with a visa expiry date 21 OCT 2010. Sounds like we need to make a trip LAND, go through the process then come back and sort out what we need to do in the UK.

All a bit of shock, was expecting a bit more information!! Lucky the email did not go in the Junk folder!!!!

Keep in touch, I will keep watching your thread.

M.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

wow, that was short notice! out of curiosity, please can you post your timeline?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

mat_ts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spaceace
wow, that was short notice! out of curiosity, please can you post your timeline?
timeline: Initial application received - Dec 08; Full application submitted - Apr 09; Additional information and medical request - Nov 09; Medical completed - Feb 10; Complete process email received and request for passports - Sept 10; VISA EXPIRY 21 10 2010.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

As I am being sponsored I had my medical in Dec 2009, Submitted application in Jan 2010, Sponsership approved March 2010, Passport request 10th Sept as need to land by 10/12/2010.