Help!!

Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:44 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help!!

Hi there, I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on my situation. We are currently over in NS on a TWP and I have an OWP through OH. The standard conditions on the WP say that I'm unable to work in healthcare, childcare etc without a medical. I had the medical in January and immigration now have it on their system, now I have to apply to have the conditions removed before I can work in healthcare which is a real pain as I have been offered a job (in healthcare) but unfortunately I cannot start the job until the WP has been amended.
I was hoping that someone else may have experience with having conditions removed and maybe offer some advice. It seems that everytime I speak to immigration they give me different instructions and its really starting to drive me nuts The forms that I have been asked to fill in are IMM 1249 and IMM 5556 has anyone else had to fill these out? There are a few questions on the form that I'm getting in a pickle with. Any advice would be very greatly received, thanks in advance
Bella
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:11 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!

Hi Bella

Not sure if you have these already but this is a link to CIC website with some info re changing conditions on your WP from inside Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...end-worker.asp

Within the guide at the bottom of the above page it advises-

When is a medical examination required?

If you are requesting a work permit to allow you to work in the field of health services or with children, you must complete and pass an immigration medical before you submit your application for a work permit. Examples of occupations in health services include hospital staff, clinical laboratory workers, patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes, and medical students admitted to attend Canadian universities.

If you want to work in agricultural occupations, a medical examination will be needed if you have visited more than six months or resided for six months, in a designated country. A list of designated countries can be obtained on our website.

For a complete list of occupations requiring immigration medical examinations, refer to our website.

You must make your appointment with a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP). Visit our website for the list of DMPs or contact the Call Centre Agent to find the DMP nearest to you.

Note: After you have your medical examination it may take up to four weeks for the DMP to provide Citizenship and Immigration with your results. Therefore, you should allow a month to pass before submitting your application to ensure your results have been received. Medical exams should be done at least two months before the current expiry of your permit and intended future employment, to avoid processing delays and/or the return or refusal of your application due to incomplete information.

You must submit proof that you underwent a medical examination (copy of fees paid receipt) with your application. Failure to do so may result in processing delays or your application being returned or refused.

A medical examination and assessment will require some time and may add over three months to the processing of your application, if not submitted up front. The officer’s decision is based on the type of job you will have and where you lived in the past year.

Good luck, hope it doesn't take long to get new WP through
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:17 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikki, it's driving me crazy!! Bloody red tape Had my medical over a month ago now just have MORE paperwork to do, just wish they didn't make it so difficult, thanks for your input xx
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:21 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellanova
Thanks Nikki, it's driving me crazy!! Bloody red tape Had my medical over a month ago now just have MORE paperwork to do, just wish they didn't make it so difficult, thanks for your input xx
no probs, must be so frustrating, when you just want to get started with the new job