Help

Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:44 am
Just Joined

samwells is on a distinguished road
Default Help

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me we are just in the process of applying for a work permit for my husband, he has a job offer and hopefully the LMO (should find out this week). we are hoping to emmigrate to New Brunswick. As a british citizen i wanted to know if anyone knows would my children and i have to apply for a temp visit visas. I've looked at the canadian gouverment web site and some pages say that we are visa exempt but one page says that we might have to.. ive tried to contact them direct but no luck as yet. someone else advised me that we would get issued one at airport?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by samwells
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me we are just in the process of applying for a work permit for my husband, he has a job offer and hopefully the LMO (should find out this week). we are hoping to emmigrate to New Brunswick. As a british citizen i wanted to know if anyone knows would my children and i have to apply for a temp visit visas. I've looked at the canadian gouverment web site and some pages say that we are visa exempt but one page says that we might have to.. ive tried to contact them direct but no luck as yet. someone else advised me that we would get issued one at airport?

Your husband has presumably put you all on his TWP application? So you can all accompany him. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...work-faq06.asp

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:21 am
Just Joined

samwells is on a distinguished road

Thank You so much for that. i've been trawling through those pages and must of completely missed that FAQ. I just want to get it right. Also not sure if you would know but is it worth apllying beofore we go or do it at POE?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

cheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the roughcheltaz is a jewel in the rough

hey guys..........im a newbie on this forumso hi to all!!i have a question and being that the subtitle to this forum was help i thought it wud be a god place to start!!!
i am from the uk and moved to oz 8 months ago, here i met a lovley canadian girl and now ive applied for a workin holiday visa for canada.....however i has to apply as a British citizen and it required i had to be in the uk during my application!!! the q i have is .....can canadian immi tell where i am???why do i have to be in the uk???any help/knowledge would be great!!!!!

thanks
mike
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheltaz
hey guys..........im a newbie on this forumso hi to all!!i have a question and being that the subtitle to this forum was help i thought it wud be a god place to start!!!
i am from the uk and moved to oz 8 months ago, here i met a lovley canadian girl and now ive applied for a workin holiday visa for canada.....however i has to apply as a British citizen and it required i had to be in the uk during my application!!! the q i have is .....can canadian immi tell where i am???why do i have to be in the uk???any help/knowledge would be great!!!!!

thanks
mike
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

I hate to say it but yes, you do have to be in the UK whilst your Bunac visa is being processed (and they can tell, will check your passport!), but it does only take 6 weeks or so, so look at it as an extended holiday before you leave for Canada and a good chance to catch up with friends & family!

Good luck.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by samwells
Thank You so much for that. i've been trawling through those pages and must of completely missed that FAQ. I just want to get it right. Also not sure if you would know but is it worth apllying beofore we go or do it at POE?
Completely you to you - if you apply before you go it takes around 6 weeks, or you can apply at POE (although obviously there is a small risk involved with that i.e. if one bit of paperwork isn't quite correct they can refuse you and send you home!). So up to you how you want to do it really.

Good luck.