HELP

Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

micknev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP

Hi,
Please can anyone help with couple of qs,re PR application.
I submitted full file thro Immigration lawyer in Canada,good advice and everything went fine.Looking thro forums im slightly confused,re old system and new system,on application,when did it change?Also am i right in thinking that AOR means,ACKNOWLEDGE OF RECEIPT!!(mine dated April 07)
Also,what is 90 day letter?
I also see people are getting this "90" day letter ,am i right in thinking they then send further items,I.E. proof of funds etc,i have not received such a letter,but can only assume because i sent full file with initial PR application,this was reason on not getting one!!!!!!!!
Also what is Trackitt?
Any answers greatly appreciated
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:47 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP

Originally Posted by micknev
I submitted full file thro Immigration lawyer in Canada,good advice and everything went fine.Looking thro forums im slightly confused,re old system and new system,on application,when did it change?
It changed at the end of February 2008. Since you submitted your application before then, it won't be affected by the new rules.

Also am i right in thinking that AOR means,ACKNOWLEDGE OF RECEIPT!!(mine dated April 07)
Yes. If you want to figure out other acronyms, many of them are covered in the Wiki article called Canadian Abbreviations.
I also see people are getting this "90" day letter
In this thread, immigration expert, Andrew Miller, said:

Some applicants receive a request letter from visa post asking to submit updated info and/or forms and/or evidence within 90 days. This is why participants here started calling it "90 day letter".

Not everyone gets it and not all visa posts use it.

but can only assume because i sent full file with initial PR application,this was reason on not getting one!!!!!!!!
That is not the reason. The 90 day letter goes to people who submitted full PR applications via the skilled worker route. The people who submitted simplified applications eventually are asked to submit full applications.

The reason you haven't heard anything is that it usually takes an ice age for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process PR applications that are not backed up by pre-arranged employment. If you want to get into Canada in this lifetime, it would help if you got a job offer and came in on a temporary work permit initially. See Quick Guide to Canadian Immigration.

Also what is Trackitt?
I have not used it myself. I think it's an online database into which people enter their own details. The database aggregates the data and people can view it to get a sense of how long things are taking. It looks as if the website also has a discussion forum.

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/
x