Help !

Old May 13th 2008, 5:08 am
RJM
Just Joined

RJM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help !

Wanting to emigrate to Ontario on skilled worker application with my family.

Does anyone know of any recommended Immigration consultants that will help us OR is it adviseable to do it ourselves?

Contacted Four Corners for a general chat, but bad reviews have scared us of.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

RJM
Old May 13th 2008, 5:13 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !

The Wiki is your friend , as is the "SEARCH" option

try this as a starting point

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...ultants-Canada
Old May 13th 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJM

Does anyone know of any recommended Immigration consultants that will help us OR is it adviseable to do it ourselves?

RJM
Hi and welcome to BE have a read of the wiki pages above that may help you,

I should have a search as well just put in the topic in the search above it will come up with threads already covering this subject, where in Ontario? have you seen the waiting times might want to check that out ? there are lots of options open to you, also Google the expo in June at Olympia for info thats a show thats aimed at helping people get jobs and to get there quicker than with PR application,

Hope that helps
Old May 13th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there

I am using AI (Avatar Immigration)

They are fine mostly but they do have some communication issues. This said they seem to actually want to help and don't charge the earth. Friends of ours (same situation Spousal app) used them last year and they are fine. My only recommendation if you do use them would be to keep on top of them but hey, they do know what they are doing and our app is doing well

[email protected] (email addy)

Good luck
Old May 13th 2008, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
Hi there

I am using AI (Avatar Immigration)

They are fine mostly but they do have some communication issues. This said they seem to actually want to help and don't charge the earth. Friends of ours (same situation Spousal app) used them last year and they are fine. My only recommendation if you do use them would be to keep on top of them but hey, they do know what they are doing and our app is doing well

[email protected] (email addy)

Good luck
The thing you have to check is that they are on the CIC check list otherwise you can't use them, we have immigration experts on here that offer great advice to our forum, take a look at Andrew millers threads there is a link to his site, look around and watch who you are using as it could be a costly mistake ?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJM

RJM
If you are doing a straightforward SW application then there is no reason why you should need an immigration consultant. Obviously it's up to you but it's all fairly simple, especially with the help of this wonderful forum!! It will save you thousands so unless you have a particularly complicated application then personally I wouldn't bother.

And if you are after a quicker way to get there then do have a look at the Wiki to check out your other options.

Oh, and welcome! Good luck!