Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

JoDe2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Put simply, if you are only scoring 65 as a FSW, then you are not eligible to enter the EE pool anyway - and an immi consultant can't change that. You'll either need to look at increasing your points somehow, or another visa route i.e. study permit, work permit etc. But you can do that on your own, I can't see any reason to hire somebody tbh (particularly if they're telling you they can get you in when you don't seem to be eligible at the mo).

Best of luck.
That's what I keep thinking. He can't magic up extra points

Thank you, I certainly need it, I don't make things easy for myself!
Old Sep 13th 2017, 10:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoDe2017
That's what I keep thinking. He can't magic up extra points
If he could he'd be the richest man in the world!

If you can get another 2 points (French maybe, or increasing IELTS score, or education or job offer?), then what are you scoring on the CRS? Is it enough to get an invite to apply for PR?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

If he could he'd be the richest man in the world!

If you can get another 2 points (French maybe, or increasing IELTS score, or education or job offer?), then what are you scoring on the CRS? Is it enough to get an invite to apply for PR?
I really don't think I could cope with learning French, or become good enough at it to attain the points, as I said I am pretty impatient to get here. My IELTS were R8.5, S8.5, L8, W7 so not sure how much more I could gain from re-doing that?

My masters will be completed around July 2019 and I won't receive many more points for that, these will be undermined also by my age again, I'll be 43 by that point, losing another point?

I worked out CRS just for myself as I am and it came out at 353.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

''ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)''

This is the part I am getting confused about, I thought because I was only in my last job for 2 years and 9 months, which is the NOC code I would like to apply with and the area of work I would like to get in to that I could only put down two years for this question?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Put simply, if you are only scoring 65 as a FSW, then you are not eligible to enter the EE pool anyway - and an immi consultant can't change that. You'll either need to look at increasing your points somehow, or another visa route i.e. study permit, work permit etc. But you can do that on your own, I can't see any reason to hire somebody tbh (particularly if they're telling you they can get you in when you don't seem to be eligible at the mo).

Best of luck.
Hi, I also forgot mention that I have enough to get submit an expression of interest to the Manitoba PNP, however, the only thing that is stopping me from sending it is the lack of connection within the province. This is so frustrating as I have a friend in BC, not much use to me in this situation I know :/

They ask for a letter of reference from the connection I presume?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I worked out CRS just for myself as I am and it came out at 353.
OK, so at 353 you wouldn't have enough points to get invited to apply for PR anyway (lowest it's ever gone to for FSW was about 415 irrc).

''ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)''

This is the part I am getting confused about, I thought because I was only in my last job for 2 years and 9 months, which is the NOC code I would like to apply with and the area of work I would like to get in to that I could only put down two years for this question?
It's worded badly, but for points purposes any skilled work counts.

Hi, I also forgot mention that I have enough to get submit an expression of interest to the Manitoba PNP, however, the only thing that is stopping me from sending it is the lack of connection within the province. This is so frustrating as I have a friend in BC, not much use to me in this situation I know :/

They ask for a letter of reference from the connection I presume?
Yes, and often they'll phone them too, plus documents have to be provided to show the relationship between the two of you (i.e. email exchanges, phone records etc). But I'm sure you're not desperate enough to be considering immigration fraud......right?!

It looks like to me you need a job offer to qualify for any visa, have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about it.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

OK, so at 353 you wouldn't have enough points to get invited to apply for PR anyway (lowest it's ever gone to for FSW was about 415 irrc).

It's worded badly, but for points purposes any skilled work counts.

Yes, and often they'll phone them too, plus documents have to be provided to show the relationship between the two of you (i.e. email exchanges, phone records etc). But I'm sure you're not desperate enough to be considering immigration fraud......right?!

It looks like to me you need a job offer to qualify for any visa, have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about it.

Best of luck.
Hi again,

Yes it does does'nt it. Yeah I've been following the points draws and seeing how low they go 😂.

No, no I'm not quite that desperate, just wishing my friend was in Manitoba not BC haha.

I have just been reading that wiki, thanks once again for your help.

Wish I was there haha.

Have a good day 😊
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

FromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond repute

hi

I went on a visit to Canada (RECCE) to check it out - location/housing/work (will be self employed); etc to see if it is what i think it will be like

I didn't live there (unfortunately)!

just looking at WES credentialising service, their results are valid for 5 years! so you wont have lost your money

As you are going on a visit, good idea might be to go to a Settlement Centre (Newcomer Centre) depending on the town you will be visiting. Although they mainly deal with people who have PR/Work permits etc, they do job search skills info/sessions etc, which, whilst you may not be allowed to do the course, they offer other relevant job search info that you can take away with you. I was offered this on at least couple of occasions at different centres (though i visited regarding self employment)

i also found going to the local library there invaluable for info

will post my RECCE experiences soon. been back just over a week so still trying to catch up with myself

all the best
Old Sep 15th 2017, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

FromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond repute

For myself can i get a bit of clarification here about points system?

Is 600 the old CRS score? and now revised to score of 100 for EE?
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FromUKtoBC
hi

I went on a visit to Canada (RECCE) to check it out - location/housing/work (will be self employed); etc to see if it is what i think it will be like

I didn't live there (unfortunately)!

just looking at WES credentialising service, their results are valid for 5 years! so you wont have lost your money

As you are going on a visit, good idea might be to go to a Settlement Centre (Newcomer Centre) depending on the town you will be visiting. Although they mainly deal with people who have PR/Work permits etc, they do job search skills info/sessions etc, which, whilst you may not be allowed to do the course, they offer other relevant job search info that you can take away with you. I was offered this on at least couple of occasions at different centres (though i visited regarding self employment)

i also found going to the local library there invaluable for info

will post my RECCE experiences soon. been back just over a week so still trying to catch up with myself

all the best
Hello again 😊

That sounds really exciting. Yes, my degree is OK for 5 years and my IELTS OK TILL June 2019 which is just before I am due to finish my masters at which point I'll be 43, just.
Thank you for the great information, this will really help.

I look forward to hearing about your journey.

Thanks again, good luck x
Old Sep 15th 2017, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not quite sure what you mean here but if it's to do with points awarded in the EE, the draws have been around 430 ish. You have to score 67 out of 100 if you are applying through the federal skilled worker scheme. Is this what you meant?

Maybe someone more in the know can help?

Best wishes x
Old Sep 16th 2017, 9:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm not sure what you mean by this either, as the OP has said you must score at least 67 out of the 100 for FSW (i.e. eligibility to enter the EE pool) and then once you're in the pool only those scoring the highest are selected and invited to apply for PR - that's when you need above approx 430-450 as a rough guide.

HTH?
Old Sep 17th 2017, 11:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if these will be of use but thought I would post them just in case.

https://charityvillage.com/directori...d-animals.aspx (A to Z list of animal / wildlife associations and charities in Canada)
https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=wildlife+canada&l= / https://ca.indeed.com/Wildlife-jobs
Environmental, Conservation, Wildlife Jobs | WorkCabin.ca

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 17th 2017 at 11:55 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2017, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Best of luck.
Originally Posted by Siouxie
Not sure if these will be of use but thought I would post them just in case.

https://charityvillage.com/directori...d-animals.aspx (A to Z list of animal / wildlife associations and charities in Canada)
https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=wildlife+canada&l= / https://ca.indeed.com/Wildlife-jobs
Environmental, Conservation, Wildlife Jobs | WorkCabin.ca
Hi,

Thank you so much for these, I have registered with WorkCabin but I really appreciate this and will look at the other links.

Best wishes Siouxie
Old Oct 4th 2017, 5:32 am
Just Joined

vickkib123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you on linkedin? I use it quite a bit for work. I look where I want to go, start connecting with people in those areas etc,see what it gets me. Its worked so far, plus I got two friends of mine jobs in Dubai, by putting the word out on facebook. Think out the box, and look at every avenue, that is legal you can.But never say never.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.