Hello Andrew

Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:11 am
Just Joined

aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Andrew

Hello Andrew and everyone here,
I have been a frequest visitor to this site and have learnt a wealth of information on here. I have been visiting here since I joined the other forum at www.immigraton.ca/discussion.

Im a dual citizen of Aus/ NZ and Im here in vancouver on a working holiday visa from NZ. I used up my Aus WHV last year.

I applied for FSW programme in Aug 2006 (received AOR dated Aug 23 2006)

I have some questions for you Andrew:
1) I ordered caips and it said I had BFD of Aug 30 2007- my question is what happens then? I have updated CIC everytime there was a need too.

2) My Employer -an established 5 star hotel has got me working a permanent position, for which my rep has petitioned an additional 10 points... (with the petition I stand at 78). Andrew I wanted to know if it is possible to get these 10 points when you are on a working holiday visa and are working at the time the application is being processed and having one year canadian work experience.....

sorry too many questions, but I would appreciate your guidance.

Warm Regards
Mack
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello Andrew

Your rep cannot answer your questions or you are asking here to verify his answers?

Originally Posted by aussymack
1) I ordered caips and it said I had BFD of Aug 30 2007- my question is what happens then? I have updated CIC everytime there was a need too.
Nobody knows what will happen (if anything) when BFD comes. It is simply a reminder set by officer to look at the file if no event resulting in new entry into CAIPS happens before BFD. Every time something new happens or officer takes a look at file a new BFD is set. Don't pay any attention to BFD and you'll live longer and healther life.

Originally Posted by aussymack
2) My Employer -an established 5 star hotel has got me working a permanent position, for which my rep has petitioned an additional 10 points... (with the petition I stand at 78). Andrew I wanted to know if it is possible to get these 10 points when you are on a working holiday visa and are working at the time the application is being processed and having one year canadian work experience.....
Your employer cannot "get you working permanent position" if you are here on work permit. It can only be a temporary employment. In odrer to use it as arranged employment several criteria must be met, among them - employer must express in writing intention to convert you current temporary employment into permanent one after you become a PR and of course your work permit must be valid at all times of PR process, until visa is to be issued. And I'm afraid you may have a problem with the latter as likely your holiday visa will run out before your case is completed.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:52 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for replying, andrew i have applied for a SWAP visa, i intend to take a lil vacation when my whv expires and come back for a year on this visa.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Your rep cannot answer your questions or you are asking here to verify his answers?

Nobody knows what will happen (if anything) when BFD comes. It is simply a reminder set by officer to look at the file if no event resulting in new entry into CAIPS happens before BFD. Every time something new happens or officer takes a look at file a new BFD is set. Don't pay any attention to BFD and you'll live longer and healther life.

Your employer cannot "get you working permanent position" if you are here on work permit. It can only be a temporary employment. In odrer to use it as arranged employment several criteria must be met, among them - employer must express in writing intention to convert you current temporary employment into permanent one after you become a PR and of course your work permit must be valid at all times of PR process, until visa is to be issued. And I'm afraid you may have a problem with the latter as likely your holiday visa will run out before your case is completed.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

In such case your arranged employment will be gone...
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the pointers mate

I just sent a letter to CIC sydney from my employer that they are willing to employ me when I have my permanant residence, so my rep has petitioned for 10 points

does anyone here know hotels that will sponsor a person for a work permit? please let me know.

I have 8 yrs exp working in hotels. cheers ppl!

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
In such case your arranged employment will be gone...

Last edited by aussymack; Jul 24th 2007 at 12:07 pm.