Wikiposts

Hello

Old Dec 10th 2010, 12:06 am
Just Joined

bob583 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hi,

Looking to move to Barrie, Ontario in the next few months. I have been looking at a lot of stuff posted on the site for a while now and have found it very informative. I am struggling with my Proof of Citizenship application (in that i submitted it in Aug 10 so it would be Jul 11 before its accepted) but i leave the British Army at end of March and would like to be there sooner..... Anyone got any ideas pse?

Keep up the good work

Bob
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

How and when did you become a Canadian citizen? Is the application you're talking about for a Canadian Citizenship Certificate?
Old Dec 10th 2010, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Hi,

My father is a Canadian Citizen (born there) and i have simply applied for the Proof of Citizenship in order to obtain the Canadian Citizenship Certificate through him.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob583
Hi,

My father is a Canadian Citizen (born there) and i have simply applied for the Proof of Citizenship in order to obtain the Canadian Citizenship Certificate through him.
This is an interesting one. You are a Canadian citizen and so have the right to live and work in Canada. Your problem is proving it.

Getting into Canada should be fairly easy as you could just go there on a UK passport. You could take your father's birth certificate and your own birth certificate (long form with father's details) to validate your claim that you are a Canadian citizen.

However, the first obstacle you will likely face is obtaining a Canadian social insurance number (SIN) so that you can work. You would likely need proof of Canadian citizenship to apply for the SIN card - e.g. a Canadian Birth Certificate or Citizenship Certificate. If you have a Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad, you could also use that.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/s...ly/proof.shtml
Old Dec 10th 2010, 4:14 am
Just Joined

I have just had an interesting conversation with Canada House in London. They are going to try and get the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship to expedite my application in order i can enter Canada within my timeline. I will now get my Family Class application filled out so i can get it sent off as soon as the citizenship card comes through.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bob583
I have just had an interesting conversation with Canada House in London. They are going to try and get the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship to expedite my application in order i can enter Canada within my timeline. I will now get my Family Class application filled out so i can get it sent off as soon as the citizenship card comes through.
Just wondering why you're doing a Family Class Application? All you need is your proof of citizenship, which enables you to get a Canadian passport to get into the country. Or are you planning on sponsoring someone else to come to Canada?

I just recently sent off proof of my kids' citizenships (see timeline below) and I requested a rush on them. Just got a letter from them the other day confirming that they are rushing them.

Hope it works out for you ok.
Old Dec 11th 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Just wondering why you're doing a Family Class Application? All you need is your proof of citizenship, which enables you to get a Canadian passport to get into the country. Or are you planning on sponsoring someone else to come to Canada?

I just recently sent off proof of my kids' citizenships (see timeline below) and I requested a rush on them. Just got a letter from them the other day confirming that they are rushing them.

Hope it works out for you ok.
Hi,
I will be sponsoring my wife and kids, hence the need to fill out the additional application. Hopefully mine will be rushed so i can get there by end of Feb. Family will follow.