Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hellllp 33 and want to work in Canada (maybe live)

Hellllp 33 and want to work in Canada (maybe live)

Old Feb 20th 2023, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

griffgriffharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hellllp 33 and want to work in Canada (maybe live)

Hey,

So I'm 33 years old and a reasonably successful self employed Digital Marketer born and raised in the UK, I've just got back from a holiday meeting a friend in Vancouver and absolutely fell in love at first site. I'm now really really really dead-set on moving over for work and would love to explore the possibility of PR.

I really would love some help, will break my heart if it's all too late to do it... I know I've missed IEC but what are my options - the internet has, as we all know, so much conflicting data so I thought I'd come here.

Please helpppp,

Harry

Old Feb 20th 2023, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hellllp 33 and want to work in Canada (maybe live)

Hi Harry and welcome to BE.

Just checking, but are you a UK citizen? It's just that some countries have an upper limit of 35 for the IEC program (i.e Ireland),.

If you've definitely missed the IEC boat, then you'll need to look at other options. Start with the Wiki to work out the basics (https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick...an_Immigration), plus the official eligibility tool on the IRRC website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Once you've worked out what you may be eligible for, come back and let us know and hopefully we can help further.

Good luck.
Old Feb 20th 2023, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

griffgriffharry is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh thanks man, this is brilliant stuff I’ll be sure to read it over.

So I’m an English citizen however my partner is Irish (28) and also looking to go with me if that helps. Will give the links a thorough read-through and come back with anything I may need! Thanks so much
Old Feb 20th 2023, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by griffgriffharry
Ahhh thanks man, this is brilliant stuff I’ll be sure to read it over.

So I’m an English citizen however my partner is Irish (28) and also looking to go with me if that helps. Will give the links a thorough read-through and come back with anything I may need! Thanks so much
Aha! So your partner can still apply for IEC, and then once there working in a skilled job, you'd get an open work permit for the same duration (this is assuming that by 'partner' you mean spouse or common-law spouse i.e. you've lived together for a year or more). So that could be a fab route.

If you are sure you definitely want to move permanently, then do check out your scores to see if you may be eligible for PR without a job offer too, as that would be Plan A if so.