Wikiposts

Hearts and thoughts they fade....

Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:10 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hearts and thoughts they fade....

Bearing in mind how long the app process is, up to three years! Is your case assessed at the time you submit it or do they check over time that things in your life haven't changed, e.g.; your relationships, your work experience etc etc.

Also, do they keep asking for proof you still have the funds all the time you application is ongoing??

Thanks,

G.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:37 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hearts and thoughts they fade....

I think you will find that all they check initailly is you have supplied all the basic info required, if so they issue AOR, they cash the cheque, then it goes into a queue, and chances are it does not even get a look at until close to the date on the card you have been given. A few people have got CAIPS reports and found that their files have not been looked at for many many months after AOR,
It is up to you to inform them of any changes in your life that may affect your application. They dont keep asking for proof of funds., only at beginning , and then for some at the medical request stage. Then they also may ask for bank statements for 3-6 months as well.
Things like police certificates expire after a year, so they only know you are clean up to the application goes in. They usuallly ask for new ones of these at medical request stage. For some they may also ask for updated job references then as well.

With a 3 year wait I think something has to change soon, as they are going to be send information that is current, but may be completely different in 3 years time. I wonder how much wasted paper will be sent that is totally and utterly useless in 3 years. ie current bank statements, contracts, proof of funds, passport info, photos even, young kids change drastically in 3 years!

I know the info they get now will give them the general picture, and things like your ages are locked in at time of application, but even so I can see people being asked for so much updated info again at a later stage. For families applying it will be almost impossible to foresee what their children will think of it all 3 years ahead, or where they will be or what they are doing.
Life has to go on, but what you want today is not what you may be able to have in 3 years time? Paying up front for something that wont happen for years is not nice.
Maybe this is what they are hoping, that people will be detered from applying? or encourage people to try and find a job first.
I dont know if we could apply now, and wait three years, our wait was long enough at almost 2 years since we first decided to go.

Originally Posted by geo4
Bearing in mind how long the app process is, up to three years! Is your case assessed at the time you submit it or do they check over time that things in your life haven't changed, e.g.; your relationships, your work experience etc etc.

Also, do they keep asking for proof you still have the funds all the time you application is ongoing??

Thanks,

G.