health assessment super visa

Old Sep 9th 2019, 9:57 am
Just Joined

berwyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default health assessment super visa

We had been hoping by now to have applied for a parents Super Visa, but my wife had a successful operation for cancer in January 2019, and is now finishing chemotherapy. Would this rule out the possibility of applying for a Parents Super Visa in the near future?
If we were to instead visit Canada as usual, as visitors, is there a minimum time between visits, which are permitted to last up to six months?
Thanks.
Old Sep 9th 2019, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health assessment super visa

No the treatment shouldn't affect an application. A medical exam will need to be done and health insurance taken out.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residents.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html
Old Sep 9th 2019, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by berwyn
We had been hoping by now to have applied for a parents Super Visa, but my wife had a successful operation for cancer in January 2019, and is now finishing chemotherapy. Would this rule out the possibility of applying for a Parents Super Visa in the near future?
If we were to instead visit Canada as usual, as visitors, is there a minimum time between visits, which are permitted to last up to six months?
Thanks.
I think insurance could well be a bit of a hurdle. You must use a Canadian insurance company to cover your stay in Canada whilst using the Super Visa. I think obtaining several quotes would be a good starting point.

All the best to your wife.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think insurance could well be a bit of a hurdle. You must use a Canadian insurance company to cover your stay in Canada whilst using the Super Visa. I think obtaining several quotes would be a good starting point.

All the best to your wife.
I agree that insurance could be a bit of a hurdle. Canadian travel insurance companies can be very difficult.

I am a 2 time breast cancer survivor. I did not have to have chemo or radiation after either of the mastectomies BUT I had to keep proving to companies that I was clear when we were getting travel insurance to travel out of Canada. They generally seem to require a certain time separation from your last visit to a doctor re the cancer (or the last change in medication for an on-going problem) to when you are applying for the insurance. Too short a time period, and they either will not give you the insurance or up the cost.

If you can satisfy them with the time period, you could be lucky.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 4:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
I agree that insurance could be a bit of a hurdle. Canadian travel insurance companies can be very difficult.

I am a 2 time breast cancer survivor. I did not have to have chemo or radiation after either of the mastectomies BUT I had to keep proving to companies that I was clear when we were getting travel insurance to travel out of Canada. They generally seem to require a certain time separation from your last visit to a doctor re the cancer (or the last change in medication for an on-going problem) to when you are applying for the insurance. Too short a time period, and they either will not give you the insurance or up the cost.

If you can satisfy them with the time period, you could be lucky.
It wouldn't be travel insurance for outside Canada - it would be medical insurance for within Canada.

Old Sep 13th 2019, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

doh!!!!

Though I was asked the same question when we were checking re taking out extra travel insurance for our train trips across Canada, where we are in every province for a certain period of time.

The cost for 2 of us for 3 weeks for that was MORE than we paid for travel insurance for 6 weeks in Australia.

We decided to risk not having the extra insurance for other provinces, but trust that BC Medical and our private Extended Health Insurance would be sufficient if we needed it.