health

Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

justdreaming is an unknown quantity at this point
Default health

Does anyone know if past health issues are a problem when applying to immigrate?
Heard that in some cases if there has been a serious health problem, applicaions will not be considered.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:29 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health

If the medical gives them reason to believe your medical costs will exceed that of the average canadian then you run the risk of refusal.

Past conditions that are now history shouldnt be a problem, its costs going forward they are concerned about in general.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

justdreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, thats good to know. Childs illness was 8 years ago, but doing ok now.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:36 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
If the medical gives them reason to believe your medical costs will exceed that of the average canadian then you run the risk of refusal.

Past conditions that are now history shouldnt be a problem, its costs going forward they are concerned about in general.
so if you've had a medical prob in the past but can now be cleared and have a letter to prove that - that would be ok or do they look at the possibility of reoccurance?
i suppose it depends on what the health prob was/is, what if you have a top notch medical insurance?

daft question but is there such thing as a list you can look at to see what medical problems would refuse immigration?
Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:57 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottandsel
so if you've had a medical prob in the past but can now be cleared and have a letter to prove that - that would be ok or do they look at the possibility of reoccurance?
i suppose it depends on what the health prob was/is, what if you have a top notch medical insurance?

daft question but is there such thing as a list you can look at to see what medical problems would refuse immigration?
Like you say, "it depends". Where medical issues are concerned its a mugs game to make predictions.

However, Insurance or even independent wealth to cover issues are not taken into account.

There is a huge CIC manual covering medical issues, I seem to recall Jim Humpries posting details (maybe?) , but its of little use in making predictions Im afraid, you just pays your money and takes your chances...
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:10 pm
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

i have seen posts about people going for their medicals for the cic an thats how they've found out they have a heart murmer for eg and they've still been able to get pr so its not all doom an gloom!

but as you say the childs illness was 8 years ago so, go for the medicals then see what the outcome is
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:12 pm
not wired right

Originally Posted by iaink
Like you say, "it depends". Where medical issues are concerned its a mugs game to make predictions.

However, Insurance or even independent wealth to cover issues are not taken into account.

There is a huge CIC manual covering medical issues, I seem to recall Jim Humpries posting details (maybe?) , but its of little use in making predictions Im afraid, you just pays your money and takes your chances...
thought id ask the questions tho - thanks for that