HEADACHE!!

Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:26 am
Just Joined

ghostrider2611 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation HEADACHE!!

Hi my current partner is included in my TWP, she is polish, so no TRP now required, we are in the process of completing my TWP application, my question is this, on the CIC site it says that from jan 2009 polish and a few other nationals new into the eu will require a new biometric passport, but if i complete the TWP application using her current passport which is valid till 2016, what will happen?? we canget a new biometric passport in dec 2008 when we next visit poland but the passport number will be different when we submit the TWP application in the next couple of months!! any ideas!!

thanks kev..
Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:34 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HEADACHE!!

Originally Posted by ghostrider2611
Hi my current partner is included in my TWP, she is polish, so no TRP now required, we are in the process of completing my TWP application, my question is this, on the CIC site it says that from jan 2009 polish and a few other nationals new into the eu will require a new biometric passport, but if i complete the TWP application using her current passport which is valid till 2016, what will happen?? we canget a new biometric passport in dec 2008 when we next visit poland but the passport number will be different when we submit the TWP application in the next couple of months!! any ideas!!

thanks kev..
I would stick with the ones you have. Im presuming it means they will need the Biomentric passport from that point on ie/ anyone applying after 2009 will need to get the new passport. I would imagine hers will stay valid for the full amount until it expires.

If Im wrong Im sure one of the great sources of Knowledge ( Judy) will be along shortly to correct me
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tanah
I would stick with the ones you have. Im presuming it means they will need the Biomentric passport from that point on ie/ anyone applying after 2009 will need to get the new passport. I would imagine hers will stay valid for the full amount until it expires.

If Im wrong Im sure one of the great sources of Knowledge ( Judy) will be along shortly to correct me
What the following statement means:

"To guard against abuse of older passports, by January 2009, traveller s from Poland and Lithuania will be required to carry a more secure e-passport for visa-free travel."

That as of 01/01/09 a Polish citizen must have a bio metric passport to enter Canada visa free.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

ghostrider2611 is an unknown quantity at this point

so if we apply for TWP after recieving my LMO which is expected in a couple of months you think we should be ok to stick with the original passport
think thats it thanks all for your help kev