Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Haw can I make PR card application speedy?

Haw can I make PR card application speedy?

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

myjax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Haw can I make PR card application speedy?

Hi everyone,

After a great deal of research I couldn't find any threads on this topic so I decided to start a thread.

I believe I have to apply for PR card once landed, but I wonder if I can order
Supplementary Identification [IMM 5455] before travelling to Canada, as it may take 2 weeks for this form to arrive (According to CIC)

Please note that I will still apply for my PR Card once landed in Canada, I just want to have this supplementary form in my hand the same day I arrive in Canada so that I avoid the 2 week delay .

I am about to do my first landing in Toronto, and then apply for my PR card. However, as I need to make my first trip to Canada as short as possible, due to personal circumstances, I am looking for ways to avoid unnecessary waiting times.

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haw can I make PR card application speedy?

If you are landing all you have to do is supply CBSA/CIC with a Canadian address for the PR card to be sent to. No need to have form in hand.
If not landing then until you land CIC Sydney wont process your form anyway.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:37 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...nt_Card-Canada

The above article should explain things fully.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Former Lancastrian for quick reply.
What you say is line with all I have heard, but the information in this page makes me confused.

It says I have to order "an original Supplementary Identification form" by mail and it takes two weeks to arrive.

And then having received this form, I have to mail it along with other forms.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This form is usually used when the person landing doesnt supply a Canadian address or there is something wrong with the original COPR issued.
If you are landing then this form is not required.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5445ETOC.asp
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

@ BTJ:
Thanks for this great resource. I hadn't seen it before.
@ Former Lancastrian:
So, it seems that as I have a mailing address in Canada, I don't have to do any thing before landing. I have also read somewhere that I need to apply for PR as soon as I land in an immigration office of the airport. I hope this is the right information.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by myjax
@ BTJ:
Thanks for this great resource. I hadn't seen it before.
@ Former Lancastrian:
So, it seems that as I have a mailing address in Canada, I don't have to do any thing before landing. I have also read somewhere that I need to apply for PR as soon as I land in an immigration office of the airport. I hope this is the right information.
Thats correct. You just make your landing give the BSO your Canadian address and we send it off to CPC Sydney who then send off your PR card to the address you supplied.