Wikiposts

Have i gone the right way?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:15 am
Awaiting Canuck Status

paulnorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Have i gone the right way?

Hi All

First let me say what a great site this is...I will definatly be a regular here.

Heres is my question

I am from and live in the UK

I have a newborn in Ontario (6months) and she is living with her canadian mother in Ontario.

I have a job offer (I work as a software devoloper in the IT industry) in Ontario.

I have Approx 90K Canadian to take with me to Canada.

I have applied for PR under the skilled worker route. Sent all my documents along with the $550 fee to the Canadian high Commision In London UK.

Is this the right way about going about this. Should i have sent the additional $975 and gone for my medical. If so can i do these 2 things now(its only been a week since i sent my application) OR should i wait for the high commision to get in touch first.

Also Will they expidite my application considering i have a daughter over there and i obviosly want to return ASAP to support her.

Many thanks guys and look forward to talking to you all soon

Paul
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:21 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have i gone the right way?

Having a child in Canada won't speed up anything.

If you have job offer properly approved by HRSDC then you'll get points for it, if you don't have it approved then no points, sorry.

You need to wait for CHC London to contact you and it will be a while (about a year or so) - once selection decision is made positive (either with interview waived or after successful interview) you will be issued medical forms and asked to undergo medicals at that time. You cannot do medicals now.

If you want to move to Canada ASAP then consider applying for Work Permit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

Originally Posted by paulnorth
Hi All

First let me say what a great site this is...I will definatly be a regular here.

Heres is my question

I have a newborn in Ontario (6months) and she is living with her canadian mother in Ontario.

I have a job offer (I work as a software devoloper in the IT industry) in Ontario.

I have applied for PR under the skilled worker route. Sent all my documents along with the $550 fee to the Canadian high Commision In London UK.

Is this the right way about going about this. Should i have sent the additional $975 and gone for my medical. If so can i do these 2 things now(its only been a week since i sent my application) OR should i wait for the high commision to get in touch first.

Also Will they expidite my application considering i have a daughter over there and i obviosly want to return ASAP to support her.

Paul
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:21 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Heres is my question

Paul
Well the Canadian mother might be able to sponsor you if you have lived together for at least one year as common law spouses. That would be faster. If that is not the case and you are not getting married any time soon then the skilled worker applicaiton is your only choice. You cannot take the immigration medical up front but you could pay the RPRF now to save a month or two later. The fact of your having a doughter does not expedite your application. Marriage and sponsorship would cut at least a year off the time it will take.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:27 am
Awaiting Canuck Status

paulnorth is an unknown quantity at this point

OH MY GOD

Ok i have a real problem then, i was under the impression it would take about 3 or 4 months.

So seeing as i have submitted my application allready under the skilled worker, should i consider changing it to family class sponsership, or apply for a work permit, move there and wait over in Canada whilst my PR is being processed here in the UK

Please advise as im desparate to be abck with my daughter.

Thanks

Paul
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:49 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD

Ok i have a real problem then, i was under the impression it would take about 3 or 4 months.

So seeing as i have submitted my application allready under the skilled worker, should i consider changing it to family class sponsership, or apply for a work permit, move there and wait over in Canada whilst my PR is being processed here in the UK

Please advise as im desparate to be abck with my daughter.

Thanks

Paul
You could go back to Canada and be sponsored as an inland spouse but you could not work for about 8 months or so. You should go to www.cic.gc.ca for answers and possibilities.