British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Have CIC stopped sending out update request for 2007 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/have-cic-stopped-sending-out-update-request-2007-a-665086/)

Coffeepot Apr 22nd 2010 7:31 am

Have CIC stopped sending out update request for 2007

I haven't seen any update requests either on here or Trackitt for some time anyone want to add there thoughts or if they have received update requests could they add to this thread please.

For obvious reasons i am very anxious about the time CIC are taking to process the old applicants :thumbdown:

Also those still waiting for passport requests and when you did your meds also from the old system

4Shores Apr 22nd 2010 9:08 am

Re: Have CIC stopped sending out update request for 2007

Once we were asked for our documents CIC (London) seemed to process everything very quickly.

Timeline:
Applied FSW (Simplified Application) - 15/07/2007
AOR - 03/08/2007
Docs requested - 14/08/2009
Docs returned - 17/12/2009
Medical requested - 28/01/2010
Medicals completed - 12/02/2010
PPR - 08/03/2010
Picked up the visas last week :-)

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Coffeepot Apr 22nd 2010 9:34 am

Originally Posted by 4Shores (Post 8513854)
Once we were asked for our documents CIC (London) seemed to process everything very quickly.

Timeline:
Applied FSW (Simplified Application) - 15/07/2007
AOR - 03/08/2007
Docs requested - 14/08/2009
Docs returned - 17/12/2009
Medical requested - 28/01/2010
Medicals completed - 12/02/2010
PPR - 08/03/2010
Picked up the visas last week :-)

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Thanks 4shores thats just what i was looking for :thumbsup:
Congrats on getting visa :thumbsup:

4Shores Apr 22nd 2010 10:30 am

Ah yes - the champagne went down well!

Skimom Apr 22nd 2010 11:56 am

Hi! Although I have been reading posts for a few weeks now, haven't posted till now. This seems a good place to start! Our timeline:

AOR - March 2007
Docts request - May 2009
Medicals request - July 2009
Additional medical request - October 2009 (returned Jan 2010)
Waiting for PPR ..... and slowly getting more and more stressed!!

Glad to see we are not the only ones from 2007 still waiting.

singingringingtree Apr 22nd 2010 1:19 pm

CP, I know you have emailed CHC and got the generic response back, but I was wondering if you have tried writing a letter? They may actually look at your timeline in this case, rather than just select the response and hit the send button? Is it worth trying to get a name of a senior person to write to. Of course you may already have done this, if so ignore me!

Had coffee with fellow poster a few weeks ago and she wanted to know if Coffeepot has heard anything yet! Most famous poster on BE?? :thumbsup:

Kate_P Apr 22nd 2010 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 8513731)
I haven't seen any update requests either on here or Trackitt for some time anyone want to add there thoughts or if they have received update requests could they add to this thread please.

For obvious reasons i am very anxious about the time CIC are taking to process the old applicants :thumbdown:

Also those still waiting for passport requests and when you did your meds also from the old system

Hi Coffeepot - have you heard nothing since your AOR? I may have missed an update from you?
Our timeline was as follows:
Applied Jan 07, AOR May 07 (arrived Canada on study permit June 08) Docs requested April 09, Meds requested Sept 09 done Oct 09 PPR Dec 09 landed Feb 10.
Kate

Coffeepot Apr 22nd 2010 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Skimom (Post 8514117)
Hi! Although I have been reading posts for a few weeks now, haven't posted till now. This seems a good place to start! Our timeline:

AOR - March 2007
Docts request - May 2009
Medicals request - July 2009
Additional medical request - October 2009 (returned Jan 2010)
Waiting for PPR ..... and slowly getting more and more stressed!!

Glad to see we are not the only ones from 2007 still waiting.

Defiantly not the only ones waiting im sorry to say :(

Originally Posted by singingringingtree (Post 8514252)
CP, I know you have emailed CHC and got the generic response back, but I was wondering if you have tried writing a letter? They may actually look at your timeline in this case, rather than just select the response and hit the send button? Is it worth trying to get a name of a senior person to write to. Of course you may already have done this, if so ignore me!

Am trying something at the moment ;) cheers hun

Had coffee with fellow poster a few weeks ago and she wanted to know if Coffeepot has heard anything yet! Most famous poster on BE?? :thumbsup:

:rofl: thats funny x

Originally Posted by Kate_P (Post 8514269)
Hi Coffeepot - have you heard nothing since your AOR? I may have missed an update from you?
Our timeline was as follows:
Applied Jan 07, AOR May 07 (arrived Canada on study permit June 08) Docs requested April 09, Meds requested Sept 09 done Oct 09 PPR Dec 09 landed Feb 10.
Kate

Hi Kate no update, only a reply to case specific email ( 3 ) that stated we had 42-48 months on our AOR once that was up then we should contact them :blink: despite everyone else over taking us, i do know one other from just after us still not heard anything yet but thats about it ?

Oh and the letter asking if we still wanted to continue with our application that was oct 08 i think

You know on the months to process list on CIC website it says 30% in 35 months then 50% 70% well we are in the last box of 82% in 42 months what about the other 20% where do they come into it ( just thought what if thats us )

The only thing i did notice with some posts i have read that apply to us is when the bankers drafts were cashed ? ours was months later ??

so we have to wait or sell the house and just go
Anyone want to buy our house :fingerscrossed: