Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Have anyone ever used Global Visas?

Have anyone ever used Global Visas?

Old Nov 29th 2012, 1:55 am
UX Designer & Developer

f3rilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Have anyone ever used Global Visas?

Hey everyone,

A few days I did an assessment test online to immigrate to canada and today I've received a call from "Global Visa (http://www.globalvisas.com/)," the lady asked me a few simple questions and also said they can find me a job but before I end up taking a decision I thought I'd ask you guys about this company. Have anyone ever used Global Visa?

- Bee
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:10 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have anyone ever used Global Visas?

Ive a feeling their name has cropped up here more than a few times before, and perhaps "mixed reviews" is the kindest thing I can say about them based on that.

No one can legally offer to find you a job in Canada for a fee, that alone sets off alarm bells for me. How it seems to work is they place you on a course and there is a work placement as part of that, and sometimes if an employer is impressed enough that may become a full time position. But that is by no means a sure thing.

This of course is something you could do for yourself, without the seemingly exorbitant fees that they charge to do it for you.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 29th 2012 at 2:20 am.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:15 am
UX Designer & Developer

Thanks for sharing, their fee is £3,000 which I find shocking! I'm not going to get them to process my application. I'd rather do it myself.

Originally Posted by iaink
Ive a feeling their name has cropped up here more than a few times before, and perhaps "mixed reviews" is the kindest thing I can say about them based on that.

No one can legally offer to find you a job in Canada for a fee, that alone sets of alarm bells for me. How it seems to work is they place you on a course and there is a work placement as part of that, and sometimes if an employer is impressed enough that may become a full time position. But that is by no means a sure thing.

This of course is something you could do for yourself, without the seemingly exorbitant fees that they charge to do it for you.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:29 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If they can get you a job, with a written enforceable contract before taking a penny off you, good job. If not I'd leave well alone.

I got multiple job offers without using an agent just by letting the right people know I was interested in looking at a move. Did not cost me a penny.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 12:56 pm
UX Designer & Developer

Thumbs up Re: Have anyone ever used Global Visas?

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'll start my application in a year but as for now, I'm gathering resources and getting to know more before I take a step. Thanks once again

Originally Posted by Aviator
If they can get you a job, with a written enforceable contract before taking a penny off you, good job. If not I'd leave well alone.

I got multiple job offers without using an agent just by letting the right people know I was interested in looking at a move. Did not cost me a penny.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

PWaring is an unknown quantity at this point

I came across Global Visas too, I filled the form out online, was contacted by a staff member who quoted me an initial £600 just for signing up and having them do the paper work for the IEC visa. I agreed, then did a quick google search for reviews and found a LOT of bad reviews and a lot of people who claimed to have money taken from them and offered grand promises of being found jobs when they actually did very little at all, or nothing.

The guardian newspaper even did an article about fraudulent behavior from them, I think thats more than enough to tell you to stay well away. There were also reports of them taking money from peoples bank accounts without permission for unknown reasons once bank details were handed over.

After that I left my phone well alone until they decided to stop contacting me. I don't personally believe its worth the risk.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

londoner81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'd agree. I came across them, filled in their online form, and received a phone call saying they could sort out all my immigration woes quite easily. When I googled them, I found numerous bad reviews and situations where they continuously charged people's credit cards without their permission. They called me a few times until I eventually told them that I was no longer interested.

I'd leave well alone!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

UKCanady is an unknown quantity at this point

We have also had the same experience with GV.
After initial contact, we researched them on the internet. We
then had numerous phone calls from GV and decided to give
them a wide berth.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 7:49 am
UX Designer & Developer

Good thing you did a background search about them. There's a lot of scams in the UK, last week I got a call about a job that I've applied for through Gumtree and after a background search about the company, the bad reviews I got was insane! You've got to be careful these days.

Originally Posted by PWaring
I came across Global Visas too, I filled the form out online, was contacted by a staff member who quoted me an initial £600 just for signing up and having them do the paper work for the IEC visa. I agreed, then did a quick google search for reviews and found a LOT of bad reviews and a lot of people who claimed to have money taken from them and offered grand promises of being found jobs when they actually did very little at all, or nothing.

The guardian newspaper even did an article about fraudulent behavior from them, I think thats more than enough to tell you to stay well away. There were also reports of them taking money from peoples bank accounts without permission for unknown reasons once bank details were handed over.

After that I left my phone well alone until they decided to stop contacting me. I don't personally believe its worth the risk.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:41 am
Just Joined

Indio is an unknown quantity at this point

I come accross global visas too, Im not sure if tuey are legit. But when I had a conversation with their agent awhile ago, I was informed of the amount I need to pay them and that hey my response int 2 days time.

Then I decided to look them to check their company status and read a lot ofbad reviews from people claiming about their mischief.
Thanks guys.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

OntarioIsForLovers is an unknown quantity at this point

They actually gave me really good advice about the IEC, I knew I wanted to move to Canada and they pretty much told me how which was great, but then they asked me for £600 to fill in all my forms for the IEC and were really pressuring saying all this B/S about how they get 2 'special referal slots' every week and he could use it on me so I could get through to someone ASAP. Seemed a bit intense so I said I needed to think about it. I researched the IEC myself and the company and decided I could do it all myself and there was actually very little they did for a very large fee!
Old Feb 17th 2013, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Jaydog is an unknown quantity at this point

Avoid. We had a terrible experience that left us £1500 out of pocket!!