Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

has no one had med requests from CHC london recently?

has no one had med requests from CHC london recently?

Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

rynhelcanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has no one had med requests from CHC london recently?

Hi guys

It seems to have gone very quiet on the medical request front - or am I missing the messages? Are we into March 04 AOR's yet?

Fingers crossed!

Helen
Old Jul 4th 2005, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: has no one had med requests from CHC london recently?

Ours is 8th or 9th March, still no news (we have a bet each night on our journey from work that there will be that special envelope waiting for us !) The postman doesn't call to us on Mondays, we think the hill is too steep after a heavy weekend partying !

I check every night as soon as I get in from work for news on March AOR's. We will all have to keep each other up to date on any 'special' envelopes received.

Originally Posted by rynhelcanada
Hi guys

It seems to have gone very quiet on the medical request front - or am I missing the messages? Are we into March 04 AOR's yet?

Fingers crossed!

Helen
Old Jul 4th 2005, 8:19 am
Just Joined

ear00jk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: has no one had med requests from CHC london recently?

I am April 04 AOR and anxiously waiting for any news. From my understanding they are still dealing with Feb04 AORs for the last couple of months. I have only seen two March o4 applicants who have received their medicals on yogi799.com.

My situation is a little bit different from other London applicants. I am on student visa which is going to be expired in September 04. I have completed my studies in May04 and am expecting my initial assement by end of July but it seems unlikely. Anyhow I will wait till end of August and if nothing happens then I will consider tranfering my file to my home country or any other option. Any advice regarding my situation will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Originally Posted by stainedglasslady
Ours is 8th or 9th March, still no news (we have a bet each night on our journey from work that there will be that special envelope waiting for us !) The postman doesn't call to us on Mondays, we think the hill is too steep after a heavy weekend partying !

I check every night as soon as I get in from work for news on March AOR's. We will all have to keep each other up to date on any 'special' envelopes received.
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:09 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Hi guys

Fingers crossed!

Helen
I think CHC has taken early holidays and sent the whole office on vacation for a couple of months!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wannabe
I think CHC has taken early holidays and sent the whole office on vacation for a couple of months!
Funny you should say that, my husband said the exact same thing this evening, perhaps they think no-one wants to go because of the poor exchange rate !
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

...or maybe they will send out all the March AORs Med Requests in one hit and get the bulk discount rate from Royal Mail ?
Old Jul 4th 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smitp11
...or maybe they will send out all the March AORs Med Requests in one hit and get the bulk discount rate from Royal Mail ?
Oh! ha, ha, very funny Nice to see someone on top form this time of night ! Perhaps they are saving them up for Christmas presents !!!!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 10:09 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by smitp11
Oh no! :scared: From what I've heard, Royal Mail is only slightly more efficient than Canada Post (not that that says much...) - and I'd guess that the bulk option isn't exactly speed delivery... I think OP is right - Xmas presents for the lot of us.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Fingers crossed!

Helen

Helen

I'm Feb 04 AOR and haven't heard anything yet!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:24 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

I am surprised not too many March AOR's haven't heard from CHC London. I had mine at the begining of April (15 March 04 AOR with 18 months wait quoted). As has been suggested before by our friend from Norway, my presence in Canada working under work permit might have speeded the process up a bit. But I hope it gives hope to Feb, March and April 04 AOR people.

Now in Europe I am counting the days to go back to Canada and check out my postbox (I hope I find the lovely brown envelope from CHC London bearing good news!). I will update you guys.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TrishB
Helen

I'm Feb 04 AOR and haven't heard anything yet!
I'm also February 04 AOR (28th) and I've also heard nothing. Please post any updates as I'll be doing the same.

Cheers

Wayne
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:06 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

Fingers crossed!

Helen
Hi Helen and everyone just joined today after spending many hours reading all
the great info on this page.
My husband Ross and i have applied for the nominee program Prince Edward Island....
We applied to the Island Jan 2005
Received a letter of acceptance March 2005
Sent off all paperwork and fees to Immigration London 14 April 2005
Received Tracking number and medical forms 24 June 2005
Have x-ray and medicals booked for next week.
I guess e have been very lucky so far............. best wishes to all Vi.