Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Old Apr 10th 2016, 9:26 pm
  #31  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,058
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back aslee

Originally Posted by thefishnets
The change of government in October (with a manifesto promise to sort out immigration delays) and the influx of 25000 Syrian refugees at around the same time meant all staff were moved onto processing them - I gather they are well over halfway through that job now - had an impact by adding 6 months to the wait. They also appear to have changed the processing system to allow processing to be done anywhere in the world rather than in the country of application so there is hope it will speed up. For Jan '16 applications they were predicting an 11 year wait for Parent/Grandparent class applications for PR though!!
Where on earth did you get 11 years from? Perhaps you could provide a link.

Originally Posted by williamceri
Christmasoompa
Where did you get the notion that older applicants are placed at the bottom of the pile ?
The CIC website says that applications are processed " in order of receipt "
Have you experience of CIC processing ? I cannot believe that it is left to the caseworker to decide which application to work on next.
Our daughter is our sponsor for PR. Our application was hand delivered on 2 Jan 2014. Our sponsor was approved 2 months ago and our application is being processed.

We have been in Canada for 2 years on the Super Visa. Last week we went to the border to have it extended for another 2 years. We were told by the immigration officer that the Super Visa was not for Brits and Americans...it was for people from countries like China and India. We were also told that people using the SV are not temporary residents...they are visitors. I said that was not how I understood the SV. The IO asked us to sit down as he would have to read up about it.

We must have entered Canada several dozens times and have only come across one IO that knows what the SV is.

In the end we came away with a 1 year extension...we were told our PR application was well under way and we probably wouldn't need longer than 12 months. We will see.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2016, 9:47 pm
  #32  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,102
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by williamceri
Christmasoompa
Where did you get the notion that older applicants are placed at the bottom of the pile ?
The CIC website says that applications are processed " in order of receipt "
Have you experience of CIC processing ? I cannot believe that it is left to the caseworker to decide which application to work on next.
Yes, I have experience of CIC processing, both personally and professionally. But you've misunderstood my statement - I simply meant that different visas are processed at different rates, depending on which CIC prioritise. Not that older applicants are put at the bottom of the pile! Just that parent sponsorship takes much longer than other visa options.

So applications are processed in turn, but depending on the visa type, that could mean a processing time of as little as 4 months, or as long as 8 years.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2016, 10:03 pm
  #33  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 86
williamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond reputewilliamceri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Many thanks for the explanation
williamceri is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2016, 6:10 pm
  #34  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 41
thefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Re the 11 years mentioned in my last post

Using links from the CIC website when I looked at it just before our application went in this year (2016) the processing times for a PGP application via the London Visa office were given as 48 months for approval of sponsor and a further 62 months for PR decision but that went up to 84 months the same day our Immigration Lawyer told us the quota had been increased from 5,000 to 10,000 each year. 48 months plus 84 months is 11 years!

Within a week the website seemed to change and it now looks to me as if the only way to get a 'forecast' of processing time is by using the application number issued by CIC. 13 weeks since our application went in (before 0930 on the opening date for them) but we have still not had any acknowledgement that it was, or was not, accepted within the quota for 2016.

We were told initially that we'd be informed in 4-6 weeks of success in getting it in, and our Immigration Lawyer is confident it did get into the quota, but until we get that CIC number we are now apparently in limbo. He did suggest the system might get back to normal near the end of March or early April after the effects of the change of Gov't had settled.
thefishnets is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2016, 8:02 pm
  #35  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
Jerseygirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 88,058
Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by thefishnets
Re the 11 years mentioned in my last post

Using links from the CIC website when I looked at it just before our application went in this year (2016) the processing times for a PGP application via the London Visa office were given as 48 months for approval of sponsor and a further 62 months for PR decision but that went up to 84 months the same day our Immigration Lawyer told us the quota had been increased from 5,000 to 10,000 each year. 48 months plus 84 months is 11 years!

Within a week the website seemed to change and it now looks to me as if the only way to get a 'forecast' of processing time is by using the application number issued by CIC. 13 weeks since our application went in (before 0930 on the opening date for them) but we have still not had any acknowledgement that it was, or was not, accepted within the quota for 2016.

We were told initially that we'd be informed in 4-6 weeks of success in getting it in, and our Immigration Lawyer is confident it did get into the quota, but until we get that CIC number we are now apparently in limbo. He did suggest the system might get back to normal near the end of March or early April after the effects of the change of Gov't had settled.

It seems many of the Jan 2014 applicants received acknowledgement after approx 6 months. Took over 2 years before our file said the application is in progress. As I said above our sponsor has been approved...although the CIC haven't informed us yet. How up to date their notices are is anyone's guess.
Jerseygirl is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:14 am
  #36  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 41
thefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond reputethefishnets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Our PGP application got our sponsors approval 2 weeks ago, but they were both Canadian Civil Servants so it must have been easy to process them. Now we are ostensibly on the final step in the journey
Our application has been referred to the London office. Are processing times there any better than they used to be?
I noticed a thread, closed in 2014, about the address details needed saying they needed details of not just the last 10 years, as per the form requirements, but everything since age 18. Our Immigration Adviser (known to be wrong on some things!) said only 10 years were needed when we started to apply in Dec 15. Does this still apply? Be a hell of a problem for my OH as she moved 28 times in both Aus and UK and can't remember some of them.
thefishnets is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 5:30 am
  #37  
BE Enthusiast
 
Yorkiechef's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: AB
Posts: 905
Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by thefishnets
Our PGP application got our sponsors approval 2 weeks ago, but they were both Canadian Civil Servants so it must have been easy to process them. Now we are ostensibly on the final step in the journey
Our application has been referred to the London office. Are processing times there any better than they used to be?
I noticed a thread, closed in 2014, about the address details needed saying they needed details of not just the last 10 years, as per the form requirements, but everything since age 18. Our Immigration Adviser (known to be wrong on some things!) said only 10 years were needed when we started to apply in Dec 15. Does this still apply? Be a hell of a problem for my OH as she moved 28 times in both Aus and UK and can't remember some of them.
Congratulations on a step forward! Unable to help with your question, I am sure someone will know and reply soon.
Yorkiechef is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:44 pm
  #38  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 100
Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Its summer - everyone has gone cottaging!
Dorftrottel is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 2:58 pm
  #39  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 51,217
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Its summer - everyone has gone cottaging!

BristolUK is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2016, 9:27 pm
  #40  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,899
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Its summer - everyone has gone cottaging!
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Aug 27th 2016, 12:07 am
  #41  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Gozit's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: SW Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,960
Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Its summer - everyone has gone cottaging!


I agree, they've gone to sleep... Waiting on citizenship certificates for cousins born in the ME since last July. Thankfully they do have another citizenship.
Gozit is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.