Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Old Feb 15th 2016, 11:36 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: london
Posts: 62
Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Just wondered if CIC have actually fallen asleep after their flurry of activity during November and December DM ing loads of people they seem to have completely ground to a halt / gone into hibernation.....
#DailyEcasWatch
Bexleybuttler is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:25 am
  #2  
Bex in the city
 
beckiwoo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,899
beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by Bexleybuttler
Just wondered if CIC have actually fallen asleep after their flurry of activity during November and December DM ing loads of people they seem to have completely ground to a halt / gone into hibernation.....
#DailyEcasWatch
I can't even access ECAS despite gettong AOR at the beginning of January.

Maybe the refugee apps are taking priority
beckiwoo is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:28 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

I had my request for passports and more photos last week, so things are still moving..... Just about

Last edited by Swingdoor; Feb 16th 2016 at 2:33 am.
Swingdoor is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:37 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

mbarrett23 when did you apply? I applied August 21 and have not had any movement since the end of august.
johntheScot is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:42 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

I applied February 2015. Didn't hear anything until June.
Swingdoor is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:14 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

i take it you did not apply under EE as you are comming up 12 months?
to clarify by applied i mean get the AOR if using EE
johntheScot is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:27 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

No it wasn't ee, it was the old system
Swingdoor is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:50 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

that's not bad time for the old system from my understanding of things.
johntheScot is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 7:50 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Posts: 110
KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

I applied under FSWP 2014 and in October 2015 they asked me to go for a medical and pay the fee for Certificate of Permanent Residency and provide up to date copy of passport. All of that was done in October, and I haven't heard anything since.

I logged into my account which says 'decision made' which looks like it was updated in December 2015 but still not heard anything else.

Is this normal or have they really slowed things down?
KetanP is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:25 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by KetanP
I applied under FSWP 2014 and in October 2015 they asked me to go for a medical and pay the fee for Certificate of Permanent Residency and provide up to date copy of passport. All of that was done in October, and I haven't heard anything since.

I logged into my account which says 'decision made' which looks like it was updated in December 2015 but still not heard anything else.

Is this normal or have they really slowed things down?
I did my medical and had request for fee in September. So 1 month before you. But my ecas didn't change to decision made until after I received the email. I have heard plenty of story's of people getting a decision made online before they hear anything. The email doesn't normally take long to come after it has changed from what people say.
Swingdoor is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:28 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Posts: 110
KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by mbarrett23
I did my medical and had request for fee in September. So 1 month before you. But my ecas didn't change to decision made until after I received the email. I have heard plenty of story's of people getting a decision made online before they hear anything. The email doesn't normally take long to come after it has changed from what people say.
Thanks, good to know. Although if mine changed to decision made in Dec then I would of thought I'd have an email now with either the approval or rejection. Surely if they've made a decision it shouldn't take long to say what that decision is??!
KetanP is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:53 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2015
Location: london
Posts: 62
Bexleybuttler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Has anyone on the Family class sponsorship route had a any movement since January apart from Sponsors approval. Maybe it is just LONDON that has fallen asleep...
Bexleybuttler is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:02 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 81
Swingdoor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by KetanP
Thanks, good to know. Although if mine changed to decision made in Dec then I would of thought I'd have an email now with either the approval or rejection. Surely if they've made a decision it shouldn't take long to say what that decision is??!
Hmm.... Logically I would say your right, you should have heard something by now. But one thing I have learnt is its CIC, logic doesn't come into it and they do things in their own time
Swingdoor is offline  
Old Feb 16th 2016, 9:07 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 226
johntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond reputejohntheScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

The extra refugee applications are undoubtedly slowing down the system throughout the whole of CIC but we all have homes and no one trying to kill us so I suppose there are worse things than waiting a couple more months than expected.


Although it is rather frustrating and inconvenient.
johntheScot is offline  
Old Feb 17th 2016, 6:37 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Coventry, UK
Posts: 110
KetanP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has CIC Fallen back asleep

Originally Posted by johntheScot
The extra refugee applications are undoubtedly slowing down the system throughout the whole of CIC but we all have homes and no one trying to kill us so I suppose there are worse things than waiting a couple more months than expected.


Although it is rather frustrating and inconvenient.
Would this really slow things down? The PR is granted via the London (UK) office so I'm struggling to see how the refugee intake would slow down the UK office?
KetanP is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.