COPR/PPR Address

Old Nov 9th 2017, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default COPR/PPR Address

Hi All,

really confused here. got my PPR last week. Email said about sending copies passport, pics etc to:

VPU Processing (LDN)
Immigration Division - Canadian High Commission
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

Which I have done.

My questions is, I have seen this website knocking around on forums VFSglobal? what is this, I spoke to them as there was some confusion if my letter was delivered (damn royal mail) and they starting talking about fees need paying etc, is that anything to do with my application or can I ignore?

Cheers
Old Nov 9th 2017, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR/PPR Address

VFS is a Visa Application Centre contracted to the Canadian government to help with visa apps for Canada such as PRTDs etc. What they do for the Canadian government varies by country. Obviously they charge for the services they provide.

You've been given a very specific address to send your documentation to which is the Canadian High Commission in London.

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 9th 2017 at 1:43 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
VFS is a Visa Application Centre contracted to the Canadian government to help with visa apps for Canada such as PRTDs etc. What they do for the Canadian government varies by country. Obviously they charge for the services they provide.

You've been given a very specific address to send your documentation to which is the Canadian High Commission in London.
Thanks. Just checked my original email and it does mention VFSglobal, but only if you are not from a visa exempt country:

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

1. To submit your package to London:

· For citizens of a country required to obtain a visa to Canada (please refer to STEP 2 to determine if you need a visa) - Via the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in London

Please visit the VAC website for details on how to submit your package for secure transmission and for issuance of the permanent resident visa(s). (*Please note fees apply) Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - Home Page.

If you have any questions about how to submit your original passport, please contact the VAC using the information available on the following website: Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - Contact Us

· For citizens not using MyCIC and of a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada (as determined in STEP 2 of this letter) – Via courier or mail directly to the London office.

Mail or courier your package to:

VPU Processing (LDN)

Immigration Division - Canadian High Commission

Canada House

Trafalgar Square

London, SW1Y 5BJ

United Kingdom

***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) TO THIS ADDRESS***

In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company.

· For citizens using MyCIC AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –

Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your MyCIC account.

I am confused if I have done it right or not
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

RGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent everything to the Canadian High Commission and not VFS Global. Got the COPR within a few days.

VFS is the company that handles visa issuance for visa-required nationals, I believe.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RGH80
I sent everything to the Canadian High Commission and not VFS Global. Got the COPR within a few days.

VFS is the company that handles visa issuance for visa-required nationals, I believe.
within a few days? ! Been waiting a week now...hope it comes through
Old Nov 11th 2017, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RGH80

how long did it take from sending to copr? Been over a week now
Old Nov 11th 2017, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

RGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond reputeRGH80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaleBoy
how long did it take from sending to copr? Been over a week now
Literally a few days, but this was in the summer and my application was selected for interview, which may have changed things.