Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been refused entry for being a bully.

Has anyone been refused entry for being a bully.

Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

warrenthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone been refused entry for being a bully.

I'm a Canadian citizen outland sponsoring my wife for pr in canada, no problems with proof of relationship after 12 years marriage and 2 kids with dual UK/Canadian citizenship. We're flying in soon but only just sending the app now. I've been told she can land as a visitor and wait the 3 or 4 months in Canada for the app to be processed. Has anyone ever been refused entry to Canada when they showed up with a Canadian husband and two children?

One of the questions an IO has to satisfy before allowing someone into Canada as a visitor is will the person leave when required too. Obviously my wifes answer would be no my husband and children now live there. Are we being bullies and just pushing our way in. I don't think so. I'm a Canadian returning home after 14 years with a wife in tow so get outta my way. Has anyone been refused in similar curcumstances.

And what questions were you asked by the IO when you did land
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone been refused entry for being a bully.

?

Why would you say that you wouldn't leave, thats just asking for trouble. Their entire job is based around making sure non-residents who come into Canada will leave when they're supposed to.

If your wife says she won't leave when her visa expires, she can expect a nice flight back home. It's not being a bully it's just being stupid and if she doesn't leave and her visa DOES expire before you get app comes back positive she will become an illegal immigrant. Would you genuinely inflict that upon your children? If not, then say you'll leave.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Sep 8th 2010 at 9:22 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

warrenthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point

so if the IO asks what we'll do if her app is refused I say we'll all go back to the UK ya. I wonder if say her app is refused we can reapply inland after fixing whatever was broken. don't they just renew her visitor status indefinately until another decision is made
Old Sep 9th 2010, 2:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warrenthegreat
so if the IO asks what we'll do if her app is refused I say we'll all go back to the UK ya. I wonder if say her app is refused we can reapply inland after fixing whatever was broken. don't they just renew her visitor status indefinately until another decision is made
She will be on a visitors permit firstly. So when you come through immigration, explain to the IO that you are applying outland and they will (or should I don't see a problem with it - I got given a year when I came through with my hubby to get things sorted) give her her temp permit.

The problem would come if your sponsorship application is refused. She would have to leave upon expiry of her vp, I don't see any hope of keeping renewing a visitors permit once a pr app is refused. A vp is never automatically renewed.

For instance if my paperwork is not approved by the time my vp runs out - I can apply to extend it on the basis that pr is in process.

If I was refused pr there is no way they would extend or renew a vp because its blatantly obvious I would be wanting to be here permanently.

Bullying will get you no-where, tell it like it is, be humble and remember - the IO has your future in his or her hands for the amount of time you are with them. I wouldn't want to piss them off