Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Has anybody had to get new Police Clearance Cert?

Has anybody had to get new Police Clearance Cert?

Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:08 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Has anybody had to get new Police Clearance Cert?

I have noticed, with some dismay ( ) that, since the PCC is only valid for 12 months, the CHC may request an up to date clearance certificate.

Since most applications take much longer than 12 months, I was wondering how many people have had to obtain new ones, or was this guy just unlucky!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Has anybody had to get new Police Clearance Cert?

Originally Posted by Scouse
I have noticed, with some dismay ( ) that, since the PCC is only valid for 12 months, the CHC may request an up to date clearance certificate.

Since most applications take much longer than 12 months, I was wondering how many people have had to obtain new ones, or was this guy just unlucky!!
You will.......
I had to but they ask for these(in some cases) when requesting medicals.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:14 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
You will.......

It's a bit of a p*ss-take, to say the least, isn't it!!

I can understand why some folks leave theirs till later, but I was under the impression that a valid PCC had to accompany every application.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

It's a bit of a p*ss-take, to say the least, isn't it!!

I can understand why some folks leave theirs till later, but I was under the impression that a valid PCC had to accompany every application.
I can see why....Coz they are bureaucratic freaks....everything has got to be just right....this request after an 18 month period can cause huge problems for people, especially if their kids have got on the wrong side of the Law....

I suppose You'll have to put all those hub caps back on and give those videos back now ....eh Scouse?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:28 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I have just applied for new ones, just incase they only cost £10 and as it says you may have to wait 4 weeks to get them thought I might as well. Feel like it is tempting fate though, but it is 18 months since we last applied for them.
What you have to remember is applying for them at the beginning and sending them in shows you have no convictions at that exact time. Just saves time.
If people did not send them in at beginning, and did have convictions they would not be doing themselves any favours.
If you obtain any convictions between applying and getting visas, you would have to declare it or risk having visa refused prior to, or on landing.They can still turn you down right up to the end.
They don't know that you haven't got a criminal conviction during the 18 months or so, you have been waiting, so asking for new certificates will confirm this.
It is a bit of a pain but getting new ones just helps to speed it all up when and if the end to waiting finally comes!

Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:00 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scouse - my job involves police clearing quite a few seasonal workers and they take around 3 weeks to come back. I can't understand why this guy had to wait 12 months :scared:

I posted something else about this in the Lifestyles forum but just in case you miss it. I spoke to someone from CHC at Sandown and they confirmed that yes I would need to send it another British PCC but not a US one as that related to a past period of fixed time and of course that wouldn't have changed (although actually the FBI came up trumps and responded to me in about 3 weeks too!).

Hope this helps!

Jen
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Has anybody had to get new Police Clearance Cert?

I have just applied for my second PCC after informal instruction from someone at the CHC London. I think that currently everyone who applies Skilled worker through London will take longer than 12 months hence will need to renew the PCC. At least it gives people something to do during the long wait!!

Phil
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:06 pm
Gone Walkabout

I can see why....Coz they are bureaucratic freaks....everything has got to be just right....this request after an 18 month period can cause huge problems for people, especially if their kids have got on the wrong side of the Law....

I suppose You'll have to put all those hub caps back on and give those videos back now ....eh Scouse?
It's a bit late for that....I've already flogged them....gotta pay for this
f*!+ing certificate somehow!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's a bit late for that....I've already flogged them....gotta pay for this
f*!+ing certificate somehow!!
LOL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:22 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

You will.......

We had meds requested and there was no tick off mark on the list (P103 letter) asking for updated police certs. And the certs were about 18 months old right now.

So, who knows ? We have now paid RPRF and completed meds, so waiting once again for hopefully prompt PPR.

Rich.