Happy for everyone else

Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

nikandpete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Happy for everyone else

I love coming on here because it gives me hope.
We have been here since October 2008 on TWP - I am a physiotherapist and my other half is a lawyer.
We applied for PR in 2009 and got instructed to send out application to Buffalo in May 2010 by Sydney..... we have had one letter since. We hae sent a coupld of emails but onlye get the generic emails back. Feel stuck and frustrate. We applied under arranged employment - this was the best option at the time, I had not worked for long enought ot qualify for experience and the provincal nomination people were less than encouraging when we spoek to them. We decided that we would get PR and then plan to move to Ontario - my OH plans to go into buisness with a family member (dad's cousin) but as each day goes past and we get closer to passing the timeline (21 months so far) I feel its time to just pack up and go home...... and yet on paper we are what the country say the need "young (both under 30) professional couples" and we just sold our house in UK and have a nice deposit but guess what......... cant get a mortgage.
Sorry to rant I knwo there are literally thousands of peope in this situation it is just so depressing.........
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:45 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy for everyone else

Originally Posted by nikandpete
I love coming on here because it gives me hope.
We have been here since October 2008 on TWP - I am a physiotherapist and my other half is a lawyer.
We applied for PR in 2009 and got instructed to send out application to Buffalo in May 2010 by Sydney..... we have had one letter since. We hae sent a coupld of emails but onlye get the generic emails back. Feel stuck and frustrate. We applied under arranged employment - this was the best option at the time, I had not worked for long enought ot qualify for experience and the provincal nomination people were less than encouraging when we spoek to them. We decided that we would get PR and then plan to move to Ontario - my OH plans to go into buisness with a family member (dad's cousin) but as each day goes past and we get closer to passing the timeline (21 months so far) I feel its time to just pack up and go home...... and yet on paper we are what the country say the need "young (both under 30) professional couples" and we just sold our house in UK and have a nice deposit but guess what......... cant get a mortgage.
Sorry to rant I knwo there are literally thousands of peope in this situation it is just so depressing.........
What was the letter you received in 2011 from Buffalo? Have you contacted them via their website e-mail contact or via the [email protected] ?

Will your current employers not sponsor you through NSNP Skilled Worker route?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:51 am
Just Joined

The letter in 2011 was simply to give us our new number etc ...... I have used the email address.
The NSNP is not an option as my other half is planning to start his own buisness in Ontario, this year (and gain a 50% pay increase) and I cannot expect my employer to put all that effort in for me to leave ...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Also when we started PR application NSNP was slower than SW (ironic really)
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I would say you have come this far so stick with it...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I can feel your frustration at the system. Stick in there you have come quite a way.