Handed in!

Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Handed in!

This morning we went to hand in our documents in person and it was such an anticlimax! We got there just gone 8, waited about 2 minutes before having our rather whopping package x-rayed. A very nice security guard then called someone down to come collect it and 5 minutes later we waved goodbye to our hardwork and fate in an envelope! And so the waiting now begins but I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who has helped us in answering questions. I am sure I will have a few more before we (fingers crossed) get our PR!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handed in!

Good luck! It is very anticlimactic, I hated the feeling when I posted my app off earlier this week. I keep thinking I'll be getting everything back weeks later due to some error in the docs...
Old Aug 20th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck!

Now you can check eCas twice daily for updates ....or is that just me LOL?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

He he- I think ecas would drive me mad so I am just going to forget about it and pray we did everything correctly! We still ironing out typos at 23.00 last night!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:02 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Anti-climax is a great way to describe the feeling. You spend weeks, even months preparing everything, checking everything over, checking again etc then when you finally hand it in, it's almost like, "now waht do I do?" Congrats on handing everything in though and now you can at least look forward to a response because you can't win it if you ain't in it!
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

I know! Not sure what to do now. I have checked the damn thing a million times and see no reason why we won't get out PR but you can never be sure. I just hate that our whole future is in the hands of someone else!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 9:00 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
I know! Not sure what to do now. I have checked the damn thing a million times and see no reason why we won't get out PR but you can never be sure. I just hate that our whole future is in the hands of someone else!
Us too. Though it was stressful, filling out the paperwork and sending off for references etc was a little exciting too because we at least felt we were being pro-active about the process but the waiting part is rubbish! Lots of luck with your application but I'm sure you won't need it
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

cupcakesFORbreakfast is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, you're nearly there now.

I'm getting all excited and nervous for your sake, heehee!

I'll be holding thumbs for you!!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

thanks! we are trying to push it out of our minds at the moment- not working! The wait is going to be a long one I imagine!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Messiah Khan is an unknown quantity at this point

I posted our full application off Today! Began the process in February and it has been an emotional roller-coaster since, and it is only the start, aargh!

I am sure we will do fine on all the areas of the application, although I am nervous about my job as it sits between 2 NOC codes, 1 of which was on the list of 38 before they changed it and the other one which isn't. So I hope I can convince the visa officer that my job covers enough of the required duties etc. This is the only area that I can see going wrong. Everything else we have done right and should pass with flying colours.

A few questions; How long are most people looking at from submitting the full application evidence (To the London office) to getting medical requests?

Once you get medical requests, does that mean that the rest of the application has basically been accepted?

What happens in the event of a change of name after the visa is issued? My and my GF are going to get married in April next year, so she would take on my Surname. Presumably this would mean that she would need a new passport, but the visa would be attached to the old one wouldn't it?