Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

had problems at medical, now what?

had problems at medical, now what?

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 1:31 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default had problems at medical, now what?

Hubby was asked twice to get further tests after mentioning high BP at medical in April. last night he finished the appts with the cardiologist - ulatrasound of heart and heart condition when exercising - on a treadmill.
cardiologist has said that his heart's in perfect working order. letter to that effect is being posted to dr bryden who did our initial medicals. she's then going to forward these onto CHC in London...

so now what - can they come back saying they want more info?
can we breathe a sigh of relief?
is that it - background checks, police checks all ok?!
are we just waiting on passport requests now!?

m
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:30 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: had problems at medical, now what?

High blood pressure should be treated of course.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Allanp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your reply.
I am MZP's hubby.
My HBP is treated, i take a couple of pills each day and it is well under control. Hopefully, though we have done everything that could be asked of us to get through the medical phase and a PPR letter will soon be issued.
Regards
Allanp
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

Allanp,
It seems allright to me, specially when your echocardiogram is fine and BP under control. You are done with the screening.
Good luck
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 7:04 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

HBP well controlled through medication will be acceptable to CIC.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
HBP well controlled through medication will be acceptable to CIC.
Hi Jim,

Sorry to be a bit of a pedant...

But could you please clarify this: For instance if it is still high, but doesn't spike because of medication is that still acceptable. Or are you saying that with the medication it should be consistently below 140/80?

Many thanks,

James.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:59 pm

As far as I know they want to see HBP well controlled by medication. It is considered best practice for the patient in any case. However, only by taking the medical can you get a real decision and I am not a doctor so am only going by observation of the system.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
As far as I know they want to see HBP well controlled by medication. It is considered best practice for the patient in any case. However, only by taking the medical can you get a real decision and I am not a doctor so am only going by observation of the system.
Thanks Jim.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi jwsadler,
Let me put it in a simple way..If your HBP is under control and no damaged is done to your organs (like kidney, heart etc) u r good to go

Good luck