Had our medicals today...

Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:52 am
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Had our medicals today...

Hi everyone,

We just had our meds done today, in Munich, and will be having the x-rays tomorrow

Got off to a bad start when we pulled up in front of the doctor's practice and I fell head first into a snow drift while getting out of the car - got stuck half under the car, which gave me a nasty fright!

It was straightforward enough - they took urine from us all (all clear), blood from me and husband, asked us loads of questions about our medical history... in fact, I was surprised how quickly they skimmed through the questions; they didn't even bother weighing us, just asked us how heavy we are!

The examination itself merely consisted of a sight test, checking reflexes, checking for any pain when being punched and prodded all over, listening to breathing and heartbeat, in my case a breast and vaginal examination, in hub's case a quick look inside his boxers, and that was all. Good was that I took a report from my psychotherapist, because the embassy would apparently have requested that anyway with my history of anxiety disorder. However, before the results can be dispatched, I have to get a report from the cardiologist because of my high - but controlled (today 140/70) BP; apparently the embassy (in Germany) routinely asks for this from high blood pressure patients, and the doc said it would be much more expedient to get it done right away than to wait for the embassy to ask for it. He also said they might ask for more info concerning my history of kidney stones, but wasn't sure.

In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how casual it all was. In the end, I only had to pay 620 Euros for the 3 of us (non-accompanying spouse, self and 8 year old) including x-rays. The doc said that the embassy usually takes 4 weeks to make a decision after receiving the documents... but that's Berlin (and the med results are sent to Vienna first for some reason).

Fingers crossed now....
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had our medicals today...

Originally Posted by anglogerman
Hi everyone,

We just had our meds done today, in Munich, and will be having the x-rays tomorrow

Got off to a bad start when we pulled up in front of the doctor's practice and I fell head first into a snow drift while getting out of the car - got stuck half under the car, which gave me a nasty fright!

It was straightforward enough - they took urine from us all (all clear), blood from me and husband, asked us loads of questions about our medical history... in fact, I was surprised how quickly they skimmed through the questions; they didn't even bother weighing us, just asked us how heavy we are!

The examination itself merely consisted of a sight test, checking reflexes, checking for any pain when being punched and prodded all over, listening to breathing and heartbeat, in my case a breast and vaginal examination, in hub's case a quick look inside his boxers, and that was all. Good was that I took a report from my psychotherapist, because the embassy would apparently have requested that anyway with my history of anxiety disorder. However, before the results can be dispatched, I have to get a report from the cardiologist because of my high - but controlled (today 140/70) BP; apparently the embassy (in Germany) routinely asks for this from high blood pressure patients, and the doc said it would be much more expedient to get it done right away than to wait for the embassy to ask for it. He also said they might ask for more info concerning my history of kidney stones, but wasn't sure.

In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how casual it all was. In the end, I only had to pay 620 Euros for the 3 of us (non-accompanying spouse, self and 8 year old) including x-rays. The doc said that the embassy usually takes 4 weeks to make a decision after receiving the documents... but that's Berlin (and the med results are sent to Vienna first for some reason).

Fingers crossed now....
Bet your glad thats over with always a worry eh ?
Sorry couldn't help laughing at your description of you half under the car in the deep snow