Had Medicals how long now for PR?

Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice
Default Had Medicals how long now for PR?

My PR application was submitted to London UK almost 3 yrs ago while we lived in Glasgow. We moved to Alberta on TWP's about 16 months ago.
We had medicals done on the 18th of May 2008. I believe they are sent back to London via Ottawa just wondering the timescale until we are granted PR(all going well of course) All immigration fees have been paid and application updated etc.

Last edited by alex_glw; Jul 10th 2008 at 5:30 am.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Had Medicals how long now for PR?

Summer dopes slow things down so it may be as late as September. Without full details it is impossible to give any kind of reliable timing however. Time spent in other countries delays things with the background check for instance.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

alex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nicealex_glw is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Summer dopes slow things down so it may be as late as September. Without full details it is impossible to give any kind of reliable timing however. Time spent in other countries delays things with the background check for instance.
Thanks Jim

Bit concerned as the company Im working for at the moment are going through a bad patch.

I wonder if you could answer another question for me. I was contacted by AB PNP and asked to apply for PR/PNP. They had me assessed and asked me to withdraw my London application in favour of using the PNP route via buffalo? I was hesitant as it meant resubmitting application fees with new PR forms. I was then contacted from the London office with regards our original application around the same time and asked to take medicals which we done.

Just have a little niggling concern AB PNP sent details to Buffalo about me/ basically they await my application which has a deadline of Sept something to be submitted. I was wanting to keep this option open in case my original application falls through am I doing the right thing?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:14 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on a minute I am confused, do you get med requests BEFORE you are checked for criminality/ where you have lived etc? I thought they came after, when you are just being checked on your health and all else is in the bag?

Oh god, and there was me not worrying lol!

Mrs M x
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Hang on a minute I am confused, do you get med requests BEFORE you are checked for criminality/ where you have lived etc? I thought they came after, when you are just being checked on your health and all else is in the bag?

Oh god, and there was me not worrying lol!

Mrs M x
........lol

See your in the same situation as us and in Lethbridge too

Last edited by alex_glw; Jul 10th 2008 at 5:27 am.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:45 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I will get PR tomorrow (trip to the border planned). I had medicals done in late April and my passport was mailed to me this week with its new visa, so that's a little over 2mths wait. All my paperwork went through London.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

our meds went in 15th feb , still waiting to hear! get a can o ginger and take it easy
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:32 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by edinburgh
our meds went in 15th feb , still waiting to hear! get a can o ginger and take it easy
LOl unless your scottish they won't know what ginger is big man
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to alledinburgh is a name known to all

gonnay nae dae that , i recently heard a good line a friend of mine was running late and said he had to nip into the toilets for a glasgow shower.

i said a what!

he explained a quick run over the vitals with a wet wipe constitiutes a glasgow shower.

luved it
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

We had our medicals on the 15th of February . There was a delay having them read as there is only one radiographer in PEI.

They were recieved in Ottawa in April and we recieved our visas on the 4th of July (My birthday, very pleased with that little present)

Off to Maine this weekend to land....
Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:43 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Medicals and background checks are usually done in parallel because that is faster and they are both time limited in validity.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:59 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by edinburgh
I am sorry you've waited so long. However, it does make me feel better about our 1st April Meds. You see some people wizz through the last bit of the process in a couple of weeks and it makes you panic.

As far as I can see there isn't such a things as a 'queue' as us Brits are so fond of. Cases are not taken in a first come first served basis. We all have assigned a case officer, and it depends how much work that case officer has on and how they prioritise their cases as to how fast they deal with your case.

After hearing that people who applied after me and people who has meds after me had already heard I was concerned, but I logged on to trackitt and really I'm not that far behind.

I know this sounds quiet rational, but really I still check the post and status on ecas all the time, I just can't help myself.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 12:12 am

speed of processing is more complicated than just the speed of your "officer". The category, background profile, and time of year events such posting and vacation season on top of the summer influx of student and visitor visa applications.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Had Medicals how long now for PR?

Hi there,

We're also waiting for our PR, now our medicals have been done. Our timescale so far:

Sent Full PR Application to London 12 April 2008

Received Medical Requests 9 May 2008

Medicals in Campbell River, BC 3 Jun 2008

Sent extra info/common law form/additional family info forms 30 June 2008

Medical Couriered to London 2 July 2008

So now we'll wait and see. We'll keep you posted.

Sarah

By the way, with some persuasion and bribery, I managed to get the doctor to courier our stuff directly to London. She badly wanted to send it to Ottawa, but I didn't like the sound of the additional 1-3 month delay (by sending it to Ottawa) that's been quoted by others on the forum.

I gave the doctor a VISA credit card number, and she arranged for it to go in a Puroletter (with Purolator) to London and that was about $57.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 2:36 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex_glw
My PR application was submitted to London UK almost 3 yrs ago while we lived in Glasgow. We moved to Alberta on TWP's about 16 months ago.
We had medicals done on the 18th of May 2008. I believe they are sent back to London via Ottawa just wondering the timescale until we are granted PR(all going well of course) All immigration fees have been paid and application updated etc.
Aw right fellow blue nose

It wont be long.

Sit tight M8 the hard part is done

Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.