Had medical, but a problem

Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:31 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default Had medical, but a problem

so down and disheartened after medical on Friday.
everyone fine except me. blood pressure was fine, just blood in my wee - sorry, TMI, i know...

so went to my GP today who's doing tests on the wee in question. won't get results until next monday.
if it's an infection then it'll be anti-biotics. if it's not an infection then i'll have to be referred to the renal unit which could take months. may go private. will need to check out costs if that's how it turns out.

what does this mean for our application? puts everything on hold. we've waited almost 3 flipping years for a medical and now it's another delay.

do I call the Dr who did the medical to let her know what's going on? what'll happen with timescales and what will CHC say about this?!?!
so so frustrated and down.

m
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:06 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Had medical, but a problem

Originally Posted by mzp
everyone fine except me. blood pressure was fine, just blood in my wee - sorry, TMI, i know...

so went to my GP today who's doing tests on the wee in question. won't get results until next monday.
if it's an infection then it'll be anti-biotics. if it's not an infection then i'll have to be referred to the renal unit which could take months. may go private. will need to check out costs if that's how it turns out.

what does this mean for our application? puts everything on hold. we've waited almost 3 flipping years for a medical and now it's another delay.

do I call the Dr who did the medical to let her know what's going on? what'll happen with timescales and what will CHC say about this?!?!

m
HI Mzp

Well im not an expert but I can try and help a little, Im sure if im wrong someone will come along and correct me.

As far as I'm aware medical only become an issue if the illness/ disease / problem whatever is likely to cost alot of money to treat - i have more that $cdn 5000 yearly in my head from somewhere but cant remember where. Or if it puts canadians 'at risk' .

Blood in the urine is quite a common problem - and can be detected if you have a urine infection, or are on ( or around) a period ( sorry if your male!) plus other minor things

However blood in wee can also be a sign of other more serious conditions ( dont panic, chances are its something simple) but because of this they will require confirmation that the reason for the blood is not a 'major' illness, something that is likely to cost alot of money etc

i would imagine that once youve had a course of antibiotics or similar your sample will be clear and all will be well. If not then a scan will be required to try and pin point any other cause such as kidney stones etc

I am sure all will be well and your medical 'crisis' will all be fine

Good luck and don't worry too much

Last edited by Tanah; Apr 21st 2008 at 2:01 am. Reason: added a bit!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:38 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mzp

m

Hi MZP, Try not to worry about it, im sure it will all be fine. We had our medical the end of March and our 14year old SON had protein in his urine!!! I thought, thats what pregnant women get!! but there you go.. We had to have it checked by our own GP and the results came back all clear..

The Doc who did your medical prob told you that if he was to send the results in as they where on the day then you'd prob fine yourself in 3months time being sent for ANOTHER medical..

It's deffo better to wait 7 days than have all the hassel again months down the line.. Good Luck and please let us know how you get on
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all

Hi Mzp
Try to be positive - it's more thank likely something that can be cleared up wtih anti-biotics and if not, better to get it diagnosed and treated.

The chances are probably at the very worst - a delay - but it may not even mean that.

Fingers crossed
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:10 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

bah I have high blood pressure!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

hi,

feel sad to hear that there is a problem during the medicals. If it is a minor problem then there would be nothing to worry about. good luck to you.

regs
Old Apr 21st 2008, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

My daughter and I both had blood in our urine at the medical, the doctor just asked us to come back the following week for another urine test and both were fine, which is probably what the doctor who done your medical will do. It takes about a week for the blood test results anyway, so the medicals wont be sent back to CHC yet.
Your probably worrying over nothing because it is very common. Good luck.